Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Come on guys. I'm older than most of you and I can remember this stuff. ... BlackBerry Smartphones forum

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator

Advertisement

Come on guys. I'm older than most of you and I can remember this stuff. Dig into the deep recesses and come up with something to help our new friend Ali. N8?

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Roger I've been following this, and Ali I'm sorry for the hassle you are going through. BBSAK would have been my suggestion as well. I have also used desk top manager and plugged my device in with the battery out initially then during the process slipped the battery in during installation. I will do some soul searching and see if I can find the link for this task

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Ali check out this video. It sounds to me that he plugged his blackberry in without the battery at the start. If I remember correctly in my BB days this was the process that I used as well. I hope this may help you with your problem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptBJbN9A_DY

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaMag View Post
    Ali check out this video. It sounds to me that he plugged his blackberry in without the battery at the start. If I remember correctly in my BB days this was the process that I used as well. I hope this may help you with your problem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptBJbN9A_DY
    This is what I would do to get it back up and running. I liked using apploader to update my Blackberry. This should work and the 200 error is caused by an unstable app, so I wouldn't check any 3rd party apps and install like new. Good luck
    Last edited by pdxmatts; 10-23-2013 at 05:00 AM.
    Delfim likes this.

Thanks guys. See? I knew there was something I was missing.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    BB rust is poring from my sweat glands...
    RogerG likes this.

And don't be a stranger, Deb!

AliPeb no está en línea Stack level 1
    Roger, PapaMag, pdxmatts, Delfim and anyone else who has tried to help me here.... you won't BELIEVE what's happened?!

I had actually seen the youTube vid by Geof Smith and tried his fix, it didn't work.... so whilst in work just now, I happened to mention to our IT guy the problems I was having... he used to have a BB, so he sat down at my desk and opened the BB desktop software. He told me to connect my phone (the battery of it was out at this point) so I stuck the battery back in and before it started to load, connected the USB lead... the desktop software showed it connecting/connected and then showed that there was a new software version available, 7.1.0.41....

I told him this update had been the beginning of all my problems and responsible for the very 1st Error 200 code but since I figured I had a dead BB anyway I told him to go ahead. And you'll guess of course, that this time it worked, it re-installed the phone back to factory settings and I now have a 9900 Bold working correctly!

I am NOT holding my breath! Obviously, I have no idea why it just decided to work and I guess we'll never know. For now, I'm just grateful that it's working and am keeping everything crossed that when I restore the last backup I made, that I don't encounter any further problems! Wouldn't that just be sod's law if it did?

Anyway - I've gone on long enough about this, Delfim, hope your sweat glands dry up soon and Roger, thank you so much for taking my plight on board and engaging the support of your community - what a great bunch you are! Big thanks to you all across the water. Ali
    Delfim likes this.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    Too early in the morning. No coffee.

As mentioned above, have you attempted to start the process with the battery out and then put the battery in? I had a thread here at one point about that. I don't remember the exact time you put the battery back in though. Lemme see if I can find it somewhere

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    Welp, no need for me to go search now. LOL. Glad to hear it's back up working.
    BTW all, went ahead and loaded BBM so if anyone wants to add its 7BCE3C88, as I periodically check in here.

N8DBB - do you know what....I may still need you to search....I KNEW it was too good to be true... I have just checked the device to see where BBM and Password Keeper were as I couldn't find the icons... nope, they weren't there. So I reconnected back to the desktop software, launched Applications and in the list, sure enough, there they were but in need of installing. So I did just that and in the middle of the install, it failed and the 507 error appeared back on the handset!

I had to laugh since my sweat glands have now kicked in! As I type, I am now in the process of trying to repair (via the desktop software) which has once again said there is an update to the software version & do I want to update. Again, I figure I have nothing to lose since I appear to be back to square one again!!!

Blackberry? Who'd have one!

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    Have you wiped the device completely clean? Meaning have you tried these steps yet? Almost sounds as if you have a file that's corrupted. Are you loading the same install pack of the OS that you have been all of these other times or are they different versions/downloads?

Here is from back in the day, so some of the steps may have changed. I will reread over this too as you may have answered some of my questions and I may have missed some things....the coffee is starting to make it's way to my brain...

http://forums.pinstack.com/f73/reins...178/#post46485
    Problem: When trying to re-install an operating system that constantly intializes, Desktop Manager will not recognize the device.

Solution: The following walkthough!

Thank you to Pentace for this excellent walkthough:

FYI this will work for any handheld that constantly initializes.. aka the hourglass of doom.

1. Install the desktop software.
    2. Install the handheld software. (If it is a non Vendor software.. exp. T-Mobile. search and delete the "vendor.xml" file.)
    3. Pull the battery out of your device.
    4. With the battery out connect the device to the computer.
    5. Go to Options and select "connection settings"
    6. Select USB PIN this may take a few moments since there is no battery in the device. you might even have to select detect device in some rare cases.
    7. Select the application loader icon.
    8. Select all software you want installed.
    9. Proceed to the end portion untill you see the "Finish" button.
    10. Very IMPORTANT. do not hit the finish button, instead select the ADVANCED button.
    11. Make sure both boxes are checked.
    12. Proceed until it asks you if you want to automatically back up and restore. Select DO NOT AUTOMATICALLY BACK UP MY HANDHELD.
    13. Once the process starts. take care not to bump out the cord and re-insert the battery.Again on some rare occasions you might have to wait until it finishes saying connect to insert the battery.

THIS MAY FAIL THE FIRST OR SECOND TIME DONT WORRY JUST KEEP TRYING.

If you do not get it by the 3rd time.. download the Blackberry java developers kit and install it. once installed find the javaloader.exe file and move it into the c:\ directory

Once it is under the c:\, go to start then run and type. cmd.exe

After the command prompt apears type in "c:\javaloader -usb wipe" to wipe the handheld

*The reason I have highlighted Step 13 is that this is very important to do BEFORE the DM tries to re-start your device because it WILL NOT re-intialize your device IF THE BATTERY IS NOT IN YOUR DEVICE.

Last edited by N8DBB; 09-22-2006 at 10:04 AM.
    Delfim likes this.

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    If you can, when doing the OS flash, do not do a backup/restore. Just wipe it 100% clean/stock.

PIN/ID
    Nadda
    That is the post I was looking for all along, saved my butt a few times in my BB days

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

Glad to hear the coffee is filtering through!

So, the updated software has just brought my BB back to life, factory settings once again. However, on checking the Applications, I can see that once again Password Keeper and BBM have not been installed. It was in trying to install these from the desktop manager before that I got the 507 error again. I’m guessing it will happen again if I try to install these apps which is a damn nuisance, since these are 2 crucial ones that I really want.

In answer to your question, I have only wiped this device clean using the BBSAK app - I have not attempted doing it any other way and as for the OS, I downloaded a version from a link that Roger posted earlier ( https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...03E15FAC13C23F ) and this is the one I have tried to install since.

It seems now, that the desktop software is repairing my handset back to factory settings but is omitting certain apps. When I attempt to install these, it is causing something to corrupt and brings back the Error 507 which repeats the instruction to reinstall the OS. A vicious circle in other words. I suppose a solution would be if I could somehow download password keeper and BBM from another source, is this feasible or possible do you know?

I’ll wait to see your thoughts in respect of this before exploring the other solution you posted, although do you think the hour glass scenario is the same as Error codes 507 and 200?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast