Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

hi guys, on my bb bold 9900 suddenly error 502 has occurred. for that i ... BlackBerry Smartphones forum

amidoa no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20E76834

Bold 9900 password keeper missing

Advertisement

hi guys,
    on my bb bold 9900 suddenly error 502 has occurred. for that i reviewed and using JL_Cmder v1.9 i be able to sorted out. then again i got the error 507. that also i manged to sorted out. freshly i installed the os...

now its working fine. but when i checked the password keeper icon, the file missing...

please guide me how to sort this out....
    bb is my life kind of situation aridsed... please sort me boys...

or if you have password keeper cod file... please send it across to akeellatiff@gmail.com....

experts... last couple of days i'm suffering with it... give me a cure....

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Sounds like you have been able to load your software onto your device, but missed checking the box in the application list for Password Keeper. Use the following instructions to restore Password Keeper. You will need the latest version of Desktop Manager to do this, then follow the instructions for Desktop Manager 6.0 or 6.1 at the bottom of the document below, specifically the instructions here:

To add or remove additional applications on the BlackBerry, select Applications.

Note: It can take several minutes for the applications to be displayed

To add an application, select the + icon. The color will change to Green.

Once desired changes are selected, click on Apply to complete the loading process.

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB03 621

G
    et Desktop Manager from here if you don't already have it. https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22
    [/FONT]

AliPeb no está en línea Stack level 1
    Forgive me, I'm a total newbie, frustrated as hell with error codes 507 and 200... I don't seem to be able to escape them in spite of having a brand new handset (Blackberry 9900 Bold)!

And in getting the brand new handset, I too found my Password Keeper had disappeared, a pretty crucial bit of kit for me!... so I followed your instructions above to add the application... the process seemed to be running smoothly, then the dreaded disconnection 'noise' which indicates the mobile has stopped communicating with the desktop software sounded and I just KNEW it wouldn't work! Sure enough, there it was, Error 200... in spite of hitting the reset option, absolutely nothing will get my phone back to life. It is dead. Shall I throw it away?

At the time of trying to restore Password Keeper, I was using Blackberry desktop Software version 7.0 bundle 1465, I did not accept the available update to 7.1 because it was through accepting this update previously that I started getting the error codes.... never experienced anything like this before in the past 5 years of using Blackberry.

No, I don't think you're dead in the water. I think you should be able to completely wipe the device and re-install the OS.

Download BBSAK to your PC and see if it will recognize your device so that you can completely wipe it. BBSAK stands for BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife. Neat little utility that you can use to wipe, restore, even back up third party apps. You can get it www.bbsak.org. It's free.

Hopefully you'll be able to wipe the device, which results in a 507 error. This indicates you're good to reinstall the OS.

I'd also suggest completely uninstalling the Desktop Manager software and downloading it anew, rebooting your PC in between to rid it of any lingering cobwebs.

Hope this helps.

I see three other people looked in here. Surely I'm not the only one who remembers this stuff.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Geez Rog. Thank goodness you remember. I don't.
    What I don't forget are the hassles and headaches I had with that 9900. I still have it stored away and I recently powered it on.
    I got the error again. Phht!
    That was the reason I had boxed it in the first place. I thankfully remembered that fact, and I boxed it straight away, just in case I forget the procedure.

And while you're at it, take a look here:Bbm on my 9860 wont reinstall !!! ...

Hi Roger, firstly, thank you so much for responding to my post, very much appreciated, although I'm afraid I'don't appear to be making any progress...

I downloaded BBSAK, my device was recognised so I tried the wipe device and factory reset - all to no avail! I still got Error 507, reload software and don't seem to be able to get beyond this. I'm am so utterly baffled by all this nonsense, having enjoyed complete harmony with my 9900 for 18 months, I accept a software update and end up with this nightmare!

BTW, in spite of my love affair with BB, very close to ditching it altogether and going for an HTC One - should I???!
    Last edited by AliPeb; 10-21-2013 at 07:23 PM.

Ali, the 507 is what you wanted to get. That means the device was successfully wiped. I guess I figured you knew what to do after you wiped the device. Now you need to get the current OS downloaded and installed on your PC so you can use BBSAK to install it to your device. You'll find a thread dedicated to the 9900 here in which some of our friends have been so kind as to keep us updated with the latest OS's.

In fact, here it is. https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...03E15FAC13C23F
    Delfim likes this.

This should work for you, Ali, but in the off chance it doesn't, a shiny new HTC One or Galaxy S4 wouldn't be such a bad thing. In fact, if you want to be able to remove your battery akin to the good ol' BlackBerry battery pull, you'd only be able to do so with the S4 as the HTCs do not have a removable battery.
    Delfim likes this.

Anxious to hear the results!

Roger, you are being so kind trying to make this easy for me!

Ok, so I downloaded the OS from the link (TY!), used BBSAK to install, thought I'd successfully installed it (BB said it had) but low & behold, when the phone reloaded, there was App Error 200 with an option to reset (which doesn't of course)! What am I doing wrong, am I missing any steps?

But, not to be defeated, I thought I'd give it another go. I used BBSAK to wipe it again, re-installed the OS, installation said it had uploaded successfully, and the same thing happened again.

The only thing I can say, is that at the beginning of the install of the OS (on both occasions) and whilst some of the initial processes were being applied, the mobile connected and disconnected a few times (of its own accord, it was not disturbed)... I'm wondering whether this break in power is somehow the cause of the problem? I'm beginning to think I may have to admit defeat after all but it is so annoying, I would have like to have cracked this and I can't believe a new handset should behave in this way.

Perhaps it will have to be an HTC after all!

The connect/disconnect could be one of two things.....a bad USB port on your PC, or a bad USB cable. I'd try using a different port on the PC or using another cable. If none of that works, then perhaps a new device is in your future. Who's your service provider, if you don't mind me asking? I can help you with that, too.

Hi again Roger!

Different port, different USB cable, same disconnection issue right at the beginning of updating the device applications as soon as I click on update...the application loader doesn't falter though and carries on without a single hesitation to the update process. Sadly, it returned the same result!

As a final check, I repeated everything - on another computer! You won't be surprised to hear the same thing happened! Surely there has to be a way????

I'm Vodafone (UK) by the way, but aren't you in the US?

Dang. I'm out of ideas. Might be time for that new device. Let me mull it over, but I think we've exhausted our options at this point.

I see N8DBB has poked in here. Maybe you have some ideas?

Dang! Haa, I love it, that is soooo American! Don't know who the hell N8DBB is or the implications of the poke but hell, any ideas are welcome!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast