Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

okay, so randomly, my blackberry torch's manual keypad just stops working. even the major menu, ... BlackBerry Smartphones forum

lionel358 no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry Torch 9800 keypad not working

Advertisement

okay, so randomly, my blackberry torch's manual keypad just stops working. even the major menu, call, back, mute, lock phone and end call buttons too. Once I turn the phone off and on again it works. I have only had it for about 4 days. help please?

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    If purchased it from one of the wireless carriers, I would take it back and ask them to replace it. I have two torches neither have this problem.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Welcome to PinStack, lionel!

Do you have any sort of case on your device?

luralin no está en línea Stack level 1
    I think it's very strange, you need to make sure haven't set something wrong, then you can contact the seller, you surely could get a new phone replace

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    With it being 4 days old I would return it. The will swap it out because your within 30 days. I have never heard of the keyboard stop working on a torch. It might be software related but get it replaced for free
    Looking for Wallpapers or Icons for making themes? I can help!

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

Well, hopefully the OP did just that, because his post was dated over a month ago.

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    LOL. Yeah didnt even bother to look at the original post date.
    Looking for Wallpapers or Icons for making themes? I can help!

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

Kylemontanaro no está en línea Stack level 1

Same thing here

I have one, but it's quite old now. The same thing's happening, and it's ignoring all keys from anywhere on the phone and is accepting only optical tracker and touchscreen. However, it switches on when it's off and I push the power button.

Therefore it leads me to suspect a software problem.
    Anyone please help me!!

Kyle.

PS. Anyone with a real solution before June 2012 please reply on kylemontanaro@hotmail.com thanks

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

We will reply here for all to see.

Since you think it's software, do you have the latest OS? Have you tried a complete wipe and fresh OS install?

Not yet. But I'm planning to, if this persists. I need to make 100% sure I have all the necessary softwares, since once I start formatting, there's no turning back. And I don't want the Paperweight app to happen yet...

I've checked on the phone itself and checked for updates through itself. It seems to have everything up-to-date.
    Has anyone have any links to get the OS?? I want to be 100% that it's not gonna stop in mid-process and leave it hanging like that.

Thanks a lot

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Yes we will make sure you have everything you need to do this.

First, download an app to your PC called BBSAK. You can get it at www.bbsak.org. You will use that to wipe your device. Make sure you have a current backup before you do that though.

Who is your service provider?

You're the best

My provider is Go Mobile (formerly known as Maltacom). It's 1 of 2 main providers of mobile telephony in Malta (Europe), the other one being Vodafone. But I don't think the provider makes any difference. Right now I'm using an old Nokia (the ones with a little torch on the top) as my proper mobile phone.

Thanks a lot once again

No the provider makes no difference. Just easiest to go to your provider for an OS first.

Ah yes, I'll get those OS.
    By the way, I was wondering, is the battery electronically locked to just the one phone it serves? I got a new battery which had an electronic activator to get it started and had to connect both the old and new battery through this activator to copy some kind of code. it's quite a curious piece of kit...

I've heard of those but it's the exception, not the norm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast