Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 428

Here's one I hope it already hasn't been posted. When in messages and trying to ... BlackBerry Smartphones forum

  1. #151
    kraven113's Avatar
    kraven113 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    PIN/ID
    242e4bc3
    Posts
    26

    Advertisement



    Here's one I hope it already hasn't been posted. When in messages and trying to search for sender just put you finger on the name you want to search and wait a second and two little lines will appear going towards your finger.

  2. #152
    NorCalBusa's Avatar
    NorCalBusa no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by kraven113 View Post
    Here's one I hope it already hasn't been posted. When in messages and trying to search for sender just put you finger on the name you want to search and wait a second and two little lines will appear going towards your finger.
    I think its searching for messages to/from that contact, and will post together all it finds.

    Interesting observation- I hate having a bunch of messages in my device and as soon as I've read/taken action/am done- delete them. I use it as my "To Do" list I suppose, so it renders this "bring together" feature moot. Sounds like others leave 'em on there. Style point- I know.

  3. #153
    aewing30's Avatar
    aewing30 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Schufly View Post
    When sending a SMS simply push the menu key twice to send the message. I like that one.
    Thanks for this one. Its very useful. It was bugging me pressing the menu key and then the send button.

  4. #154
    dsw274's Avatar
    dsw274 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Posts
    61
    how do you know if the

    sender specif ringtone is enabled

    when i go into the cantact list i see the option but when u go into it the
    song is already selected and its not the default. so at what point is this feature enabled.

  5. #155
    dean0uga's Avatar
    dean0uga no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    415
    Quote Originally Posted by dsw274 View Post
    how do you know if the

    sender specif ringtone is enabled

    when i go into the cantact list i see the option but when u go into it the
    song is already selected and its not the default. so at what point is this feature enabled.
    if you act like youre changing the sound profile, go to the bottom, "set contact alerts" if the persons name appears in this list, they have their custom ringtone

  6. #156
    flyerno9's Avatar
    flyerno9 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    PIN/ID
    304F193C
    Posts
    24

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    To place your cursor between letters to fix misspelling...hold finger on word that you want changed until you see a clear box...slide finger to place box where you want it.
    This trick works but it's very touchy. I had to tap on the word and then hover to get the outlined box to appear. then i was able to move left and right to the desired character.

    *Note that this is only my 2nd full day with my Storm. Hopefully my tap typing will get better over the next few days.
    My BB History | 6230 > 7230 > 7100t > 8700c > 8700g > 7250 > 8130 > 9530

  7. #157
    andrew.peron's Avatar
    andrew.peron no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    PIN/ID
    3029AA4B
    Posts
    39
    has anyone figured out a key combination to do a soft reset?

  8. #158
    dean0uga's Avatar
    dean0uga no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    415
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew.peron View Post
    has anyone figured out a key combination to do a soft reset?
    theres a soft reset app , but no idea other than that, would imagine there is though

  9. #159
    dean0uga's Avatar
    dean0uga no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    415
    couple of tricks... when in an email, and you have th keyboard up, here are some shortcuts
    [also work in web pages]
    "U" - Page Up

    "E R" - top of list
    "C V" - bottom of list

    "M" - Page Down

    "T Y" - scroll up (select previous message)
    "B N" - scroll down (select next message)
    [end of applicable in web pages]

    "D F" - Previous Day
    "J K" - Next Day

    "Q W" - reply
    "A S" - reply to all

    "O P" - Forward

    also, if youre in an application and you holddown the back key, it closes the application instead of doing bb button, close

  10. #160
    GaBulldog's Avatar
    GaBulldog no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    145

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by dean0uga View Post
    couple of tricks... when in an email, and you have th keyboard up, here are some shortcuts
    [also work in web pages]
    "U" - Page Up

    "E R" - top of list
    "C V" - bottom of list

    "M" - Page Down

    "T Y" - scroll up (select previous message)
    "B N" - scroll down (select next message)
    [end of applicable in web pages]

    "D F" - Previous Day
    "J K" - Next Day

    "Q W" - reply
    "A S" - reply to all

    "O P" - Forward

    also, if youre in an application and you holddown the back key, it closes the application instead of doing bb button, close
    Great Information - I was happy with the "forward" & "reply" options at the bottom of the screen before but was missing the "reply all" - this will help greatly.

  11. #161
    aaronnieves's Avatar
    aaronnieves no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    PIN/ID
    305F72EB
    Posts
    195
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

    To get to the event log, go to the home screen in landscape mode, bring up the keyboard
    Press the !?123 button then "
    Press the !?123 button then /
    Press the !?123 button then "
    Press the !?123 button then /

    This will bring up the event log. I always like to clear mine out to free up some memory.

  12. #162
    dean0uga's Avatar
    dean0uga no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    415
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronnieves View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

    To get to the event log, go to the home screen in landscape mode, bring up the keyboard
    Press the !?123 button then "
    Press the !?123 button then /
    Press the !?123 button then "
    Press the !?123 button then /

    This will bring up the event log. I always like to clear mine out to free up some memory.
    if you press the !?123 button for 3-5 seconds, it puts it on num lock, no need to keep pressing it

  13. #163
    statustray's Avatar
    statustray no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    8

    Question

    I read some place about being able to change the signal strength bars from "bars" to "numbers" or something like that. For the life of me, I cannot seem to locate that information now. Someone said it was more "accurate" with displaying the actual signal in dbs or something. Any ideas on that one?

    Thanks in advance ;-)

  14. #164
    BoldSaint's Avatar
    BoldSaint no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    Posts
    2
    I know on a BOLD, you hold down the ALT key while pressing NMLL. Not sure about the Storm.

  15. #165
    statustray's Avatar
    statustray no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    8

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by BoldSaint View Post
    I know on a BOLD, you hold down the ALT key while pressing NMLL. Not sure about the Storm.
    Hi BoldSaint,

    Sorry about that bro, but I figured on my Storm how to do it about 30mins or so ago... hehehe... to do it on the Blackberry Storm, you hold down the ALT key, and you type:

    !,""


    That's an exclamation mark, a comma, and quotation mark, quotation mark


    Sorry I hadn't replied to update my question.

    Regards,
    Statustray

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •