I tried connecting to blackberry desktop and there are no OS updates (jerkwad who sold ... BlackBerry Smartphones forum

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

Blackberry 9000 not having BIS????

Advertisement

I tried connecting to blackberry desktop and there are no OS updates (jerkwad who sold it said it was a 9700, he lied, oh well) and the section to add the BIS email set up is missing. How do I fix that? Thanks!

Also, is there a way to add google contacts to the phone like you can in the android phones?
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    In order to set up BIS, you need to contact your carrier and have them provision a BIS plan. Once you do, you will be able to set up your email accounts.

I will let someone else explain Google Sync, since I do not use it. I sync my contacts/calendar with Outlook.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

PIN/ID
    Is that why the PIN isn't working too?
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    Is that why the PIN isn't working too?
    Yes. Any of the native apps (BlackBerry Messenger, push email, Twitter for BlackBerry, Facebook, native IM [MSN, Yahoo Messenger, Gtalk], AppWorld) require a BIS plan. Generic data plans or no data plan at all mean those apps will not work, since they use RIM's NOC BIS servers, and you will not have the service books required until your carrier provisions your device for BIS.
    Last edited by lak611; 01-29-2012 at 09:30 PM.
    Laura

PIN/ID
    OK, so I am on the phone is idiot ATT (seriously, they know nothing) and one guy tried to tell me they had to change my IMEI to do this and that I would lose my unlimited data that I've had since 2009! He transfered me to RIM support, but didn't stay on the line so they wanted to charge me $50 for help because he didn't stay on the line...dealing with this crap AGAIN with another blackberry "support" person and still getting now where. How hard is it to do this? I've had them push the service books before. WTH?

PIN/ID
    no more
    What device did you have prior to this BlackBerry 9000? If you had any smartphone with an unlimited data plan, you will be grandfathered in. However, if you had a feature phone, you will not be able to get an unlimited data plan for a new smartphone activation, whether BlackBerry or any other platform.

If you did have a different smartphone and the CSR wants to change your data plan from unlimited to tiered upon activating BIS, then you should ask to speak to a supervisor.
    Laura

PIN/ID
    Laura---thats what they were trying to do. I've had the unlimited plan since the BB Pearl first came out! Well, I FINALLY got a lady that was willing to work and look up information as opposed to saying "Well, it's not in the dialog box, so I dont know what to do"...(yes TWO people said that to me) and she fixed it! She didn't change my plan and everything is all settled!

Thanks all

PIN/ID
    no more
    I'm glad to hear that you got everything sorted with AT&T.
    Laura