Hey every1, hope you are all having a Merry Christmas, thanks to every one who ... BlackBerry Smartphones forum

dixonview no está en línea Stack level 1

blackberry 8520 "phone not allowed MM6"

Advertisement

Hey every1, hope you are all having a Merry Christmas, thanks to every one who helped me out on my previous post about the re booting problem I did manage to sort it out, anyway I have another problem, 2 weeks ago I bought a blackberry 8520 curve, it has been working 100 % until a few days ago, it shows this message "PHONE NOT ALLOWED MM6" I do not know what the problem is, I can't receive or make calls, I can use bbm and the internet, any help with sorting this out will be much appreciated

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.1; en-us; SGH-T999 Build/JRO03L) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Merry Christmas to you too.

Sounds like a mobile network or SIM card issue. I'll see what I can an find out.

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.1; en-us; SGH-T999 Build/JRO03L) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Apparently that means the device was reported stolen and blacklisted but I will keep searching.

Thanks for the assistance, I have tried different sim cards but the same problem persists

Yeah, everything I'm seeing says the device was stolen and has been blacklisted. Why it would work at all doesn't make sense though. If you do a search on that phrase (PHONE NOT ALLOWED MM6), you'll see what I see.

This is so messed up, and I can't find the guy who sold me this phone, so there is no way to solve this problem, but why does the phone still go on the internet and BBM? Thanks for the help though, it was my loss

You must be connected to wifi.

Well its not connected to WIFI, I checked, well I'm not using the phone, I actually got it for my lil bro as he has been nagging me to get him a blackberry, and the guy said he really needed money and I took the phone, and this problem started,, so right now I'm clueless on what I'm supposed to do next

Only place to start is with the previous owner or contact your carrier to see the IMEI number has been blacklisted.