Hello all -- I am running an old BB 9650 (with Verizon). I am going ... BlackBerry Smartphones forum

Tech Idiot no está en línea Stack level 3

BBDM...what version should I use for a back up...?

Advertisement

Hello all -- I am running an old BB 9650 (with Verizon). I am going to get a new Bold/99 series (also with Verizon). I think the model I am going with is the Bold 9930.

So my old 9650 is running 6.0 Bundle 3084.

I just got a new laptop, Dell, running Windows 7 Pro...and I want to use BBDM to back up the old 9650 -- full, complete, comprehensive, etc. back up. I need to back up the entire device.

Does it matter what BBDM version I use? Can I or should I use the most recent? Even though I am running an old 9650 and 6.0 OS?

Thank you very much in advance.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    It shouldn't matter what version you use. DM should be backward compatible, device-wise.

Thank you very much Roger. I greatly appreciate it.

So, the back up has not gone well. For some reason the BBDM software is not completely connecting with my BB...

So -- do I have any other options?

I am looking to back up: emails, contacts, calendar, text messages, videos and pictures.

Now, I wirelessly sync with my laptop (via BBES) for my calendar, contacts and email...do I need to sync/back up everything or can I just focus on the text messages, videos and pictures (because the other items will sync with my laptop)? Will I lose anything if I rely on the sync?

Thank you in advance.