Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

There is an option in dbpoweramp called "normaliize". Try that setting.... BlackBerry Smartphones forum

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: BB Solution: How to convert mp3 ringtones

Advertisement

There is an option in dbpoweramp called "normaliize". Try that setting.
    Last edited by cp6169; 10-13-2007 at 11:04 PM.

alexbr no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

alexbr no está en línea Stack level 1

The only volume effect is "volume normalize" but that didn't help. When I play the mp3 with the media player on my 8830 it sounds fine. When I try to use it as a ringtone the voume is very low, even with volume setting set to "High". Anyone else seeing similar issues with mp3s on an 8830?

gordo8 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2405C793

As a very no tech user, I use roxio media manager. my question is my ringtrone only plays for about 15 seconds. is there a way to play the whole song. my clips range anywhere from 22 through 7 min

help?

drib0704 no está en línea Stack level 1

having some troubles with these programs
    -------
    can I get some help ?
    Last edited by drib0704; 11-28-2007 at 01:23 AM. Reason: Automerged.

drib0704 no está en línea Stack level 1

can I m you CP6169

JAYEFES no está en línea Stack level 1

thanks alot bro .

Lulis no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    40282DB2

Can we now play MP3's on an 7100i ???

tourless no está en línea Stack level 1

I don't get all this stuff about convert, record, upload, download, etc. Maybe i'm to new at all this to understand but I simply find the song I want using Limewire or in my personal collection of mp3's, open it in Audacity, copy the part of the song I want, massage my starting and ending points, save it as an mp3, and load it up into my pearl using the media manager directly into the rigntones folder. No need to convert stereo to mono, 16 bit to 8 bit, or any of that stuff... am I missing something (Caption Obvious please rescue me)

I'vee spend more time searching this and other sites and found all sorts of answers involving specific settings, file types, uploads, downloads, side-to-side loads, and nothing I've read was as simple as the three steps I outlined. right?

mattweldon no está en línea Stack level 2

I totally agree with you tourless. I don't even download the songs. I play them using free dot napster dot com and record the section i want with audacity. Then load them with media manager. Seems like sending them to a site to host them when you've already got them on your computer is a waste of time.

mattweldon no está en línea Stack level 2

Meant to add this to my last post. I also have a samsung t509 that i use as my work phone(i work as a bail bondsman and dont need to take my bb all the time as i go to some shady locations) and i've even found a way to transfer the tones with DRM(some phones require this to use the mp3's as ringtones) using your own computer as the hosting server with just a free program. Msg me for more info on that since it is not really a bb topic.

ODAB no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Steps work, mostly...

So far so good for me, however a couple of things. It appears that the coolservice website is perpetually overwhelmed and it appears, after numerous attempts over many days, to lock up when you try and upload to the site. Any other trusted sites you know of that can perform the same task(s)???

Thanks very much,

ODAB

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169 View Post
    What you will need: (my personal favorites)
    Limewire (to download songs)
    dbpoweramp converter (to convert songs)
    windows sound recorder (to cut songs)
    coolservice website (from pc to upload ringer to web)
    wap.coolservice.dk (from phone to download ringer to phone)

First you start with the song you want to make a ringer.
    Open dbpoweramp and at the top you will see converting 1 file to and choose wave in the drop-down box. Choose 8bit, 8,000hz and 1 'mono'. Choose convert.

This will allow you to open the song through windows recorder. Usually start menu, programs, accessories, entertainment and sound recorder. Once open you choose file then open. You then search for the song you just converted.

Once open you play the song until you reach a spot that you want to have as a ringer. When you get close you can fine tune by pausing and using the little slider to get to the exact spot you want the ringer to start. Then you will choose edit and delete before current position. After that you will go to where you want the ringer to end. Usually less that 30 seconds. Then you can fine tune again with the slider and choose edit and delete after current position.

Once you have done that you can adjust the volume if you want, this is under effects. You can play with this for your own personal taste.

After this you need to go to file then save as, and rename the file.

Once done you need to open dbpoweramp converter again and find the converted wav file and open it. You then choose converting 1 file to mp3 (lame). The channel needs to be set to stereo, the frequency can be set up to 48,000hz. The bitrate can be set to anwhere below 192kbps, anything over that has been distorted for me. Then choose convert.

Go to the coolservice website and upload the file to the web using their free uploader. Then it will give you an id # which you will use when you visit the wap version of coolservice from your BB, and plug the id in where it asks you. Your ringtone will play on your BB and you can then click the trackwheel to save it to your phone. If the ringtone does not appear in your list please adjust the frequency or the bitrate.

I am available by pin, Yahoo Messenger or BB Messenger if need-be. Good luck and happy ringer making!

PS. If anyone needs me to add or delete anything above please let me know.

If you would rather request someone else to help you with the ringers check out this thread... http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...st_thread.html

ODAB no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by tourless View Post
    I don't get all this stuff about convert, record, upload, download, etc. Maybe i'm to new at all this to understand but I simply find the song I want using Limewire or in my personal collection of mp3's, open it in Audacity, copy the part of the song I want, massage my starting and ending points, save it as an mp3, and load it up into my pearl using the media manager directly into the rigntones folder. No need to convert stereo to mono, 16 bit to 8 bit, or any of that stuff... am I missing something (Caption Obvious please rescue me)

I'vee spend more time searching this and other sites and found all sorts of answers involving specific settings, file types, uploads, downloads, side-to-side loads, and nothing I've read was as simple as the three steps I outlined. right?
    I am unable to do that as the Blackberry 7100i series does not accept mp3's, thus the need to convert I believe...

Juls3412 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I was unable to locate the coolservice website described above, I found this one and it works the same way as described above.

http://www.wappal.com/index.php

Thanks for the info on creating the ringtone.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast