Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (BlackBerry; Opera Mini/6.1.25376/25.872; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54) It seems my battery life ... BlackBerry Smartphones forum

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator

Advertisement

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (BlackBerry; Opera Mini/6.1.25376/25.872; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

It seems my battery life is lasting longer after a few cycles. I can go through the whole day (about 16 hrs) with about 40 % left when I plug it in at night before bed. My Android is at least twice a day with the same use.

BBWrangler no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    219DFD90
    We're seeing about the same thing here. When we got our first units in for testing, we activated one straight out of the box, and it took several cycles for the life to level out at about 1.5 days for the 9930 and about 3-4 for the 9900. Nuking a few times and reloading the device before activating it got the 9930 up to 1.5 days right away.

Since our typical new device procedure since the 9000 came out (with pretty much the same problem for the initial batches we got) is to nuke 4 times then reload the OS, we'll just continue to do that with these new models. Only issue was T-Mobile took two weeks to release the handheld software on their site, so we had to use the Hutchison version for the first couple devices.
    It doesn't record video. Get over it.

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4
    If ATT doesn't release the 9900 I'm not going to have to worry about the battery life on them

misslemos no está en línea Stack level 1
    i just got the bb 9900 and the battery life sucks. i use WhatsApp to chat with my iphone friends all day, plus i use pandora. it says 4G but it's slower than my last Bold. it's only been a week though. and i have a question, how do people have so many apps? i have the standard apps, plus whatsapp, pandora, twitter, facebook, google, google maps. it seems to be full already, but i've seen people with like 20 apps!
    i just switched from my old 8gb memory card to 16gb because i have a lot of pics and music.
    if i listen to my music on bb or pandora, i have to charge up again by noon!
    how do i lower the screen brightness?
    ~ Liza ~
    T-Mobile
    BlackBerry® Curve™ 8320

BBWrangler no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    219DFD90
    You can change the brightness on the 9900 under Options, Screen display, Backlight Brightness.

Apps that use the radio or GPS or both are known to kill the battery faster.
    You've listed pretty much the top common ones that we see when our users complain about battery life. Usually we remind people to not leave apps running if they're not using them.

The 4G speed on AT&T is going to depend on coverage in your area.

On a good day I get maybe a day on my 9900 if I use it.
    RogerG likes this.
    It doesn't record video. Get over it.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    now the network speed isn't a blackberry issue but a carrier issue. The funny part about the whole 4g thing and I've been preaching this since the announcement that US providers has 4g is this. No one in the USA has a 4g connections. they are running almost a steady 3g. definition of 3g are speeds up to 49mbps. 4g is above that. Most providers on a good day will hit maybe 10mbps. With AT&T having a data hog phone like the i-phone it eats up to much bandwidth and causes everyone on the network pains of slow speeds.

Now to your BlackBerry users. I am a power user, and I kill batteries in every device doesn't matter the platform. I bought a few spare batteries at 10$ a piece on ebay instead of 40$ or more.
    Also, some apps such as pandora and whatsapp will run your battery life down a little more because you are utilizing data which will be a larger drain on the battery. (this is a fact that you will see on any platform on any device, just the nature of the beast).
    Things that will help improve your battery life are:
    -close your browser when you aren't using it. It eats up memory and if it's still running it's eating battery life
    -change your backlight and screen timeout settings. (Just type in screen display in the search bar) I keep my timeout to 20sec, and my screen brightness at 40. The brighter it is the more harm it can do to your eyes. So drop to under 50%
    -depending on the OS you are running. You have a battery saver mode. Once again just type in battery saving mode in the search bar.
    -also, for apps like facebook, or twitter or any other app that has a refresh interval change the time that it refreshes instead of every 5 mins change it to every 1hr or 2 hrs. Depending on how often you use it.

These are just a few tips. Let us know if you have any other questions
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A5376e Safari/8536.25)

Great advice fellas! Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12