Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By recursive

When you compose an email, the BB will propose an email address as you type. ... BlackBerry Smartphones forum

recursive no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Auto-completion of email address - how to remove names

Advertisement

When you compose an email, the BB will propose an email address as you type. However, it sometimes proposes some unwanted addresses.

I received some unwanted emails (spam) and the "reply to" name gets loaded into some kind of virtual contact list. For example, if the spam reply-to address starts with "R", and then when I compose a new email and start to type "R" the bogus unwanted email address is proposed along with my legitimate contacts.

How do I get the BB to forget these addresses and keep them from auto-completing while I type in an email address? They are not part of my contact list. It's very annoying.

I'm using 9780 with 6.0.0.480 OS.

Thanks!

recursive no está en línea Stack level 1
    Sorry I just found the answer. I tried searching before but didn't find it at first (hard to know what to search for).

Answer: in email>options>message display and actions> uncheck show recent contacts when composing email. That may uncouple non-contacts from auto completing.
    RogerG and dushdavj like this.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Glad you found your answer. If it's been asked here, it's been answered! Good work.