I'm having a problem with a bricked/nucked BB bold. The DM recognizes my 9930 and ... BlackBerry Smartphones forum

chadwick1981 no está en línea Stack level 1

Another bricked/nuked BB bold question

Advertisement

I'm having a problem with a bricked/nucked BB bold. The DM recognizes my 9930 and the pin but won't connect because I think I have a boot loop problem. I've tried the loader.exe method and during the device reinitialize phase the phone won't connect. I've tried wiped the device using MasterControl software (BBSAK won't connect) but get a usb error occurs after the 57th or 58th thing is erased. I've also used the /nojvm command after the wipe and get the same error when the device is supposed to be rebooting. Anyone out there figured out a way to force the connection to make the device boot? I haven't seen a difference in the program between the /nojvm command and when I just open loader.exe, are there any other commands to try?? I've also heard a rumor about a 2nd vendor.xml file, anyone out there know where to find it. (why do you have to delete it by the way??)

Thanks!!!!!!!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Second file can be found here: C:\Users\{yourname}\AppData\Roaming\Research in Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

You'll have to make sure all your folders are "unhidden".

So you're not able to wipe the device at all? I'm surprised DM can see it but BBSAK can't.

Thanks for the location of that file! I've done the wipe and it only gets so far before I get a usb error. BBSAK doesn't pick up my pin for some reason and won't let me connect.

Have you tried a different cable or PC? At least reboot your PC to reset the USB ports. If there's any interruption caused by a bad cable or USB port, I could see that error becoming an issue.

I've tried the new cable and new PC idea. After I use the Loader.exe, the program gets through "Load JVM and system software" no problem but at the "Wait for device initialization" my Bold keeps cycling on and off (reboot loop I think) and it won't get past this step. Any ideas from anyone out there that has seen this issue??

Maybe this thread will help you get past that initialization error.....

http://blackberryempire.com/how-to-f...reload-the-os/

BB error.png

I get this error with BBSAK that there is no device detected. In the back window my computer shows the blackberry is connected. Any troubleshooting for this??

Close everything down, remove your battery from the device, connect it to the PC and launch BBSAK. Put the battery back in the device and see what happens.