I spoke to HTC about this but lets just say they were not to helpful ... Android Smartphones forum

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5

when will ics, sense 3.5 and 4 be released for Evo 3D

Advertisement

I spoke to HTC about this but lets just say they were not to helpful and took a guess when it would come out. so when will it come out ?

JF I remember your thread "I has ics" have they already released it ?

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    This seems to be a sore spot for 3D owners.
    Last I read the Evo is going to get 3.6 officially.

If you are rooted I would check xda in the dev section.

I strongly recommend NOT asking when ics is coming out. I have found xda a great site to mostly read. I seldom post.

KTW
    "I strongly recommend NOT asking when ics is coming out."...why ?

Well, there are A LOT of threads on the subject, and no answer other than "this quarter" or "soon". XDA is a little less tolerant over using search than we are. Of course there are a lot more users/posts.

It is best (in my opinion) to just read XDA. I only post if it is a subject I have had experience with, and I keep it short and sweet. Sometimes a flame retardant suit is your best friend. I have seen unknowing posters ask innocent questions get blasted for not searching.

There are always mini-mods who are ten feet tall and bulletproof thanks to the anonymity the web provides.

The developers are usually hounded. Most folks have no patience, and complain, whine, and ask for eta on fixes to custom roms.

Don't get me wrong, it is an excellent resource with some excellent developers and such. Just can be less than newb friendly.

DanielJones no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by KTW View Post
    I spoke to HTC about this but lets just say they were not to helpful and took a guess when it would come out. so when will it come out ?

JF I remember your thread "I has ics" have they already released it ?
    I had a bad experience with my old HTC Wildfire phone, I contacted them to get Gingerbread upgrade info and they only told me it will be available to you once it is released and they are working on it. The upgrade never showed up and finally I have to root it and installed CM 7.2 equivalent to Android 2.3.7.
    Sure I am not using that phone presently but still I don't expect upgrades for low and mid range phones from manufacturers. Best thing is to root them up.

KTW
    lol, this thread is old. I got the official release of ics and sense 3.6 long ago...and quite frankly, I wish I never pushed the check for updates button. with the upgrade I lost functionality, eg I can't disable the built in powersaver that when my phone reaches 30% battery and I recharge it I still have to increase the brightness and turn off the time out on display and I can no longer change the shortcuts on my lock screen(its not as if It as if it saved the shortcuts I already had ...no it replaced them with new ones that I hardly use...WHY DID I UPDATE! sigh

I've already spoken to HTC, they said it was not possible to go back to what I had before.

though with the update I got a cool notes app which is like no other I have ever seen.

KTW
    as for RL benchmark SQLight my phone even beet an S2 when it had ginger bread now with the update it no longer dose so well with this benchmark though it dose much better with quadrant benchmark. but I'm not so big into benchmarks so overall the update is a loss for me

After our experience with 2 3Ds your best course of action is to toss it in the street and run over it.

KTW
    are you kidding me ? my upgrade isn't due in a year or so, nor do I have the money for a new phone. the best to do would probablybe find a 3D junky on bid or buy, tell him how I had to break into the HTC head office in Taiwan and dodge dogs, knives and bullets...people in a third world country will believe that especially in RSA. like if I go to a shopping centre and speak to someone about 3D phones without glasses they often say that we are years from that technology. come to think of it I could also say that I'm an inventor and needed an HTC body to try my invention. I once said to this guy I had a 3D phone in my pocket, he was almost willing to bet that I didn't. but once he saw it he was like.................squeek.

Will never, ever buy another HTC.
    Worse device I've ever owned. I he one replaced. My wife was given one and the digitizer died. In the end the nav keys failed.

Its sitting on the table now. Only thing it will ever be good for us a paperweight. HTC wont touch it without charging an arm and a leg. If we would have had insurance on it would have had it replaced with a GS2,

Worked out well though. I ended up with the GS3 and she got my nexus.
    Last edited by jfcooley; 02-13-2013 at 08:23 AM. Reason: i need coffee

KTW
    I'm not really experiencing any issues with mine. probably because I'm not rooted. its just that I regret updating my software, that's all...but other than that I'm happy with it.

Rooting had nothing to do with our issues. The one that had the broken digitizer wasn't rooted.

Crap phones. That's the problem.

KTW
    what's a digitizer ?

Part of the screen (an overlay) that registers input.

Stooped registering input on very bottom of her screen. Happened to be where the lockscreen circle was as well as dialer buttons among other things. No visible damage, just stopped.