Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

To be honest it was so plain almost cheezy looking compared to my iPhone. But ... Android Smartphones forum

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator

Advertisement

To be honest it was so plain almost cheezy looking compared to my iPhone. But I do have my iPhone all customized out. The sellers eyes almost popped out when they saw it. They really wanted it bad. It outshined that N1 completley.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

visionthing no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    Is there a store in USA that one can go look at the Nexus One? After playing on my wifes Mytouch I can only imagine how great the Nexus can be. Its time for me to end my hopes for blackberry to sort out their browser and other problems.

Thanks in advance

There aren't any stores as of yet that have demo units to look at.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Not in stores and doesn't look like it will be. Personally I don't think playing with any phone for 5-20 minutes can tell you if you're going to enjoy it because everyone of them are different and if you are use to a certain way you're not going to come accustomed to it in 10 min. It was that way when I bought my first blackberry, was that way when I got my iPhone and was the same with the nexus. It's going to take a little time for you to get used to the differences. I understand that some would like to hold something this expensive before they buy it. Imo, the nexus hands down bees the iPhone and any other smartphone right now. Thing is, this is the phone that replaces the g1 @ Google for development. If its on or coming to Android, nexus will get it first. Again I will say. I don't think this is the time to buy a phone. There are too many options that are coming out in just a few months. Apple,HTC, Sony...., I think the summer is going to be the time to drop that kind of money because 90% of your options will be available. Even though I would recommend the nexus over others as of now.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; HTC Bravo Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Agree 100% BHP! You can't tell anything about how deep Android goes from a few minutes of use. But if you like the My Touch, you will go crazy over the Nexus. But patience would pay off big right now. Its some killer hardware coming soon.
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

Unfortunately I didn't have that luxury because it was a trade situation and I couldn't un-trade (return it) if I didn't like it. Had to go with my gut. I have to say that I tried the iPhone out for about 10 mins at the store, loved it, went back and got it and loved it since day one. I'll be waiting to see what the summer brings

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    Unfortunately I didn't have that luxury because it was a trade situation and I couldn't un-trade (return it) if I didn't like it. Had to go with my gut. I have to say that I tried the iPhone out for about 10 mins at the store, loved it, went back and got it and loved it since day one. I'll be waiting to see what the summer brings
    i think you made the right decison given the circumstances. if you would had a 8 or 16 gig then i might have said do it but with the 32 you need to make sure it wasgoing to work first. not quite sure why it didnt but a mute point now. summer's going to be a big one for us tech geeks i think.

PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    Quote Originally Posted by BHP77 View Post
    Not in stores and doesn't look like it will be. Personally I don't think playing with any phone for 5-20 minutes can tell you if you're going to enjoy it because everyone of them are different and if you are use to a certain way you're not going to come accustomed to it in 10 min. It was that way when I bought my first blackberry, was that way when I got my iPhone and was the same with the nexus. It's going to take a little time for you to get used to the differences. I understand that some would like to hold something this expensive before they buy it. Imo, the nexus hands down bees the iPhone and any other smartphone right now. Thing is, this is the phone that replaces the g1 @ Google for development. If its on or coming to Android, nexus will get it first. Again I will say. I don't think this is the time to buy a phone. There are too many options that are coming out in just a few months. Apple,HTC, Sony...., I think the summer is going to be the time to drop that kind of money because 90% of your options will be available. Even though I would recommend the nexus over others as of now.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; HTC Bravo Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17
    Do you think there will be a newer version of the nexus coming out? Or just os which one can upgrade? I'm looking at the nexus or hd2. 75 % towards nexus because of trackball and my paid bb apps i can transfer for a small fee. And then the os, like I said I can only imagine after playing with my wifes mytouch.

PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    Also thanks for the response guys and ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by visionthing View Post
    Do you think there will be a newer version of the nexus coming out? Or just os which one can upgrade? I'm looking at the nexus or hd2. 75 % towards nexus because of trackball and my paid bb apps i can transfer for a small fee. And then the os, like I said I can only imagine after playing with my wifes mytouch.
    If you like the MyTouch and you haven't been spoiled by a jailbroken iPhone, then you will probably love the N1. The N1 has some nifty features like free voice turn by turn GPS and you can speak what you want to text or email and it puts it on the email for you. No typing.. Cool! And a fast processor. Are you with TMO? The N1 is going to be available for VZ, Sprint and ATT. The HD2 is Awesome, but has Windows OS and I am not sure that I would go with that..

PIN/ID
    Apple
    I don't really know but I suspect not. At least not anytime soon. I'm not so sure about the HD2, like odd said it runs win mobile and I have never liked it. Although I hear its the only current device scheduled for the upgrade to win7 mobile. That's something to think about. I just have never liked the windows mobile OS. There is a lot that you can do to them though.

Oh so you think I'm odd huh?

Quote Originally Posted by BHP77 View Post
    I'm not so sure about the HD2, like odd said it runs win mobile and I have never liked it. Safari/530.17[/i][/size]

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    Oh so you think I'm odd huh?

LOL. Dang predictive text on android. I type way faster than it can keep up. I really need to check my post before hitting the post button. Still lauging at that. Good catch pdx, now its saved it the memory so you wont be odd anymore.

PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    Thanks. I am with T-Mobile. Thats whay I was hoping there were a store that I can look at Nexus and then go to T-Mobile and look at the HD2.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Make sure you research that HD2. I read it might not be getting the new windows mobile 7 upgrade. I sure wouldn't want it if that's the case.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESE53) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast