Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I have been thinking about getting a 4 week old used Nexus One and I ... Android Smartphones forum

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator

Will I have any problems if I get a used Nexus One?

Advertisement

I have been thinking about getting a 4 week old used Nexus One and I just want to make sure there are not going to be any problems using it on my T-Mobile account. I have some questions that I can't find the answers to.

1. Will I be able to to just put my sim in and go?
    2. Will there be a problem changing my smartphone data plan to an Android data plan on an evenmore plus Family talk, text, web plan?
    3. Does it matter if the phone was bought subsidized or outright for $529.00?
    4. Will the seller need to de-activate anything?
    5. Will the Android data plan still be able to be included in the evenmore plus unlimited web plan?
    6. Do I have to have the Android data package or can I just use the Smartphone data plan that I already have

Any help would be appreciated. I do not want to get it and then find out that I can't even use it because I am not the original owner.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Yep. Pop your sim in and go. You won't need to change your plan. I'm still using my BB data plan from when t-mobile was suncom in my area. haven't changed a thing. Not sure what the seller did to get his data off other than delete the email account but I'm not sure if that would take care of all of it. I'm thinking it wouldn't on the market and others. Might have to wipe so you can start from scratch and go through the whole process. The seller may have done this. Ask. If its a clean phone you should just he able to put the sim in and go. All the nexus ones are unlocked, you just can't get the lower price without signing the contract for t-mobile.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; HTC Bravo Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

I don't think it has been wiped clean by the seller because they are replying to me from the phone. I guess if I get it, then I would have to do it myself. I may have to have you help me Thanks for giving me some answers. Wasn't sure about it because it was a Google bought phone. Anything other questions that I should ask before buying? I might be doing this on Thursday.

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6
    You should be able to. My seller wiped his, and all I did was pop my sim in and signed in with my Gmail account. Phone is a beast!!!!
    Last edited by moses2628; 03-10-2010 at 03:03 PM.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Just put my ATT sim in and its a go. All my info was on there though so he will have to wipe or do a factory reset. Other than that you will be good. I would ask why is he selling it and if you're able to see it before you buy look around the screen edges to see if you notice any dust under it. There's a simple fix for it. I don't know how the warranty would work since you didn't buy it but I imagine HTC and Google would honor it. Can't think of anything other than that right now. Yea for sure, need some help or have any questions just give me a shout.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; HTC Bravo Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

Emmc no está en línea Stack level 5
    The only question I would ask is why is he/she selling it.

There's nothing to the factory reset. You're going to love this phone. Enjoy it.

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Will you be able to get 3G service? I've heard people have trouble getting it when they use the device on different networks

Emmc no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by smooth10 View Post
    Will you be able to get 3G service? I've heard people have trouble getting it when they use the device on different networks

At this time, T-Mobile is the only network that it will run on 3G.

Quote Originally Posted by smooth10 View Post
    Yes, I have T-Mobile as my carrier
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

Mobile Empire no está en línea Stack level 3
    I don't think the warranty is transferable. In the case you had a warranty issue you would have to pay for a repair. Thats what the rules say. But I've had instances where certain reps have overlooked the rules and have been kind enough to file a warranty claim with out being the original buyer.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Empire View Post
    I don't think the warranty is transferable. In the case you had a warranty issue you would have to pay for a repair. Thats what the rules say. But I've had instances where certain reps have overlooked the rules and have been kind enough to file a warranty claim with out being the original buyer.
    That's what I was unsure about. HTC seems to be pretty lenient on their warranty claims.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Good luck with this PDX! You're going to love Android.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESE53) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

bassvictim no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    HEAD
    So, did ya go for it? I hope so - Android OS is just awesome, and believe me - you won't be disappointed! Good Luck!
    "I am a robot, I like robots, I have a robot vagina." -JP,Grandma's boy

I didn't do it. Would of had to trade my 32gb iPhone for it and I honestly wasn't that impressed with it. Especially when I wasn't able to log on to Google to activate it and actually go on the Internet to check it out. So I was leary.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Well it was definitely worth the Iphone

But seriously, you have to be able to activate it to make sure it was working properly, so I dont blame you. I would be terrified because of those 3g issue rumors . The seller would have to give me a warranty!
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast