Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

It took me 2 days to read all that and I'm sold! I will NEVER ... Android Smartphones forum

johnio no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23f77784

Re: Why You May Not Want An iPhone

Advertisement

It took me 2 days to read all that and I'm sold! I will NEVER buy an iphone.
    thanks
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

andy_mobile no está en línea Stack level 1

My god.

Firstly, that needs paragraphed before anyone will even attempt to read it all. Anyone who says they have? They must be lying

I'm brand new to the Blackberry, and am what many of you guys would call an "Apple fanboy". And to be honest, I'm absolutely amazed how sensitive many people on this board are about competition for their Blackberry - many are fanboys themselves. Look at it this way; it can only be a good thing. RIM are more likely to take on board your ideas, if they have stiff competition. And whichever way you look at it, the iPhone is stiff competition.

jwlussow and wclyffe; I absolutely agree with your posts. If you've managed to be unbiased and rational, why can't some of the others?

Edit: an iPhone complex, anyone?

andy.
    Last edited by andy_mobile; 06-28-2007 at 05:33 PM.

woobang no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32C20A99

I just wanna know why everyone seems to think Apple is the king of media??? And there most certainly not the first to put out a media phone. The Curve and the 8800's were out before iphone. In my oppinion ipods are junk for many reasons, mainly there software and use of PAID music! An html browser...yippy...big deal, again there not the first to release this tech! Although PSP isnt a phone it has WiFi and essentionaly the same functions if not more. Although it is html, it still lacks functionality!!! In full page view you would need a magnifing lens to see it and in the other view you have to scroll from corner to corner to see what you need to see. Lets face it if your on a tiny little screen wap browsers give you what you need... Id rather spend the 500 bucks on a 24 inch LCD.

I'd like to stress again Apple is in no way the first to release such products. Enlighten me if I'm wrong but what may I ask is so revolutionary about the iphone? HTML? Interface? As it stands thoes are the only 2 things the iphone has that make it TOTALY new. That being said, the interface isnt new either...cough HTC. In short the its a phone that can play video and music (itunes)and has at least at the moment standard but limited smartphone capibilities. Whats so ground breaking about that?

The biggest issue I have is price... hmm lets see
    1) AT&T Blows!!
    2) 30gig ipod= $250
    3) 8gig ipod w/phone= $600 w/2 year contract!

My 8830 can do everything the iphone can except wifi and html.... not to mention doing it better!! Opps, my bad video can be played on a 3.5 screen instead of my 2.8 ... big freaking deal. I definatly wouldnt pay 500 more bucks. And to set the record straight its not cause its Apple I wouldnt care who made it, its not worth the price!!

jamkam no está en línea Stack level 2

There's another reason. Some of us Mac users (call us fanboys if u like) are still not convinced this is ready for primetime. A nifty video iPod, yes. But weak as an integrated device. I chomped at the bit, held my breath and decided it wasn't worth the bucks...yet. For those not convinced about why Apple rules, it's not just the marketing but the seamless OS integation and user experience.

When they get the iChat, calendar..and network!...issues fixed, a lot more of us will want one. But it looks to be a lonnnng while b4 it'll have BB's security or rock solid business user base.

waldog no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21C43423

I will nece buy any I product. I think apple is way to greedy. Their advertising is usually rip offs of older adds too. Their stuff isn't the latest new thing and they even stole the pearl function for the mighty mouse. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

SPEND 2000 dollars On this. THIS DOESNT LOSE ANY FEATURES AFTER 2 YEARS

tomorrowneverkn no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by andy_mobile
    Look at it this way; it can only be a good thing. RIM are more likely to take on board your ideas, if they have stiff competition. And whichever way you look at it, the iPhone is stiff competition. andy.
    I agree, any big step forward will only enhance & improve things for BlackBerry users...
    Last edited by tomorrowneverkn; 08-22-2007 at 01:26 PM. Reason: spelling

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12