Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

So I've already checked to see if most or all the apps I have on ... Android Smartphones forum

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator

What's the First Thing I Should do with my HTC One S?

Advertisement

So I've already checked to see if most or all the apps I have on my iPhone will also be available to me on Android. There were only a couple of apps that I couldn't find. One is called PingCast, which is basically a GPS mileage tracker, of which I'm sure there are plenty of similar apps in Google Play. The other was Facebook Pages Manager, which I can live without for now.

I'll be a downloadin' fool once the device arrives next week.

What I really wanna know, though, is what tweaks should I do or make to get the most out of this device?

Speaking of tweaks, ya know what I'd really like to see here on PinStack? More How-To's from iPhone, Windows and Android users, rather than having to go to ModMyi, XDA or other such forums to find answers.

Since we used to be a BlackBerry site, there's pretty much anything you need to know for that platform here. Would love to see the same for the other platforms as well, but I know that takes time and effort from people who are fluent in those areas.

I want to reinvent PinStack, as it were. I know we've talked about this ad nauseum, but let's get those wheels spinnin' and those thoughts organized for how and what you'd like to see this place become.

Sorry, that has nothing to do with this post, but it was on my mind, so I thought I'd throw it out there. Let's keep those comments out of this thread, but please be thinking about that as I will be starting another thread to address that here shortly.

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/534.46.0 (KHTML, like Gecko) CriOS/19.0.1084.60 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

Welp, I'm bumping this thread since it got lost in the shuffle.

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/534.46.0 (KHTML, like Gecko) CriOS/19.0.1084.60 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

Would be interested in something like iOS has for lockscreen like LockInfo or Intelliscreen.

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    ROGER getting an Android!! I'm in shock!! Do you plan on rooting and ROMing it or just using it stock?

I agree with you on the walk throughs 100% btw....
    Apple iPhone 5C 16gb (Green)

Follow Me on Twitter

For your android "lockinfo" like program check out executive assistant in the Play store, I haven't used it myself but it looks pretty nice.

Follow Me on Twitter

Ok Ok you got me interested....I'm downloading the free version now I'll let you know what I think after awhile.

Follow Me on Twitter

Ok...well I can't seem to post a pic....

Follow Me on Twitter

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Rog, first get used to the Android system. The Sense 4 UI you've got will keep you entertained filling the 7 home screens you've got. Try them out, resize them, move them around. Download all the apps and widgets like Beautiful Widgets, APW, Fancy Widgets snd sll the major apps eith widgets you want from Google Play (you'll notice the speeds of download) and when you get tired with the lot we can take you to other Launchers that will make you forget Sense 4. Rooting etc now, will be of no use to you. Later on yes.
    now that you're on Droid everything happens much faster. I suggest you get My Data Manager and set up your thresholds before going further. Or else you'll blow something.

Enjoy it.

del is right

Follow Me on Twitter

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Someone who has has an older Android phone, and now has a new one tell me HONESTLY about the battery life. The HTC Inspire had the absolute worst battery life of ANY device I've ever owned. How do the new models compare to the i4/4S?
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

The iPhone 4/4S and the Galaxy Nexus were pretty much the same as far as battery life....as far as I can remember.

Follow Me on Twitter

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    Someone who has has an older Android phone, and now has a new one tell me HONESTLY about the battery life. The HTC Inspire had the absolute worst battery life of ANY device I've ever owned. How do the new models compare to the i4/4S?
    Talking normal usage, average screen time? I have one of the worst offenders now (Nexus is horrible under heavy usage) and normally all day without a charge is fine. If I start downloading and spending more than an hour online...down considerably.

My guess is that the iphone may have a little better or about the same though. The HTC devices I've seen have hit and miss life. Not knowing exactly what the inspire had though....hard to say.

I get 2 hours screen time with 3g on average. Wifi helps cut that back. Standby is pretty good.

PIN/ID
    nada
    Thanks gents. If the i5 (6) is an elongated 4S, I'm pretty certain I'll get the Galaxy S3. The most prohibitive factor is the battery. I'm a heavy user during the day. I couldn't get two hours of hard use on that HTC without the battery dropping to 30-40%.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

PIN/ID
    nada
    Has the S3 dropped on AT&T yet? Sorry for the hijack Rog.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Yes the SIII is up at AT&T. In fact I think the red one is available now.
    Last edited by RogerG; 07-29-2012 at 07:16 PM.

Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast