Okay, a bit of a background on me. I used to work for Handspring, which ... Android Smartphones forum

exilio no está en línea Stack level 2

What's a Treo? Seriously!

Advertisement

Okay, a bit of a background on me.

I used to work for Handspring, which was formerly Palm, and then came back into the Palm fold ... don't ask.

Anyways, I was there when the first Treo came out, an ugly flip-phone type thing, the 300 or 360, whatever it was, it was fugly. When the 600 came out, I was no longer with the company, but I could see they were finally paking progress ... but as per usual, innovation failed Handsp... er Palm.

Enter, the BlackBerry Pearl! Wow! What a difference. RIM, a player in the corporate space for years blasting their way into the consumer space, giving Handpsr... er Palm, a kick between the legs. Nice! Good for the consumer!

I think RIM gets what Palm doesn't – Innovation. People want bleeding edge, but in a sense that is practical. I know that sounds like an oxymoron, but so are most consumers. They don't know what they want, but they want the bestest, right away!

Anyways, the Pearl is a wonderful device that would satisfy the typical corporate nerd and the average teen in highschool looking to communicate with other hedonistic types in their inner circle – good stuff for the masses.

I guess what I am saying is, what most of you already know, and I am just late to the party understanding, the BlackBerry Pearl is good ****! Get it and thank me later. I have seen the light! And it is a small, pearl-like button in the middle of my mobile phone!

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: What's a Treo? Seriously!

I love my pearl.

Macdarwin no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by GotPearl?
    I love my pearl.
    I Love your Pearl too...lol

avante no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2405C4B1

Well I had 3 Treo 600's and 2 650's. They all sucked I actually just kept getting them as replacements with sprint. After the screens kept going out I finally just gave my last 650 replacement to my brother and entered the GSM world. I'm thankful I did. A few years later and I now enjoy my Pearl and have yet to have any major problems with it besides some of the stuff that a normal battery pull will fix.

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

I got a 700wx jsut by my side at the time we speak and I still asking myself what I could do with that thing aside from throwing it
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

avante no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2405C4B1

Quote Originally Posted by sn1p3r
    I got a 700wx jsut by my side at the time we speak and I still asking myself what I could do with that thing aside from throwing it
    Sell it and buy yourself something you may like better

audit no está en línea BES Guru
    PIN/ID
    ASK

Treo's are good for skeet shooting. I used about 400 of them for skeet practice a couple years ago. After each one died and the company I worked for replaced them, I kept them in a box. Then as hunting season approached, I asked my boss what he wanted done with them and he said throw them all away, so that night my buddy and I went out back of his farm and zero'd in a couple new scopes using them as nice 200 yard targets and then the rest we used different handguns and shotguns on.

Einherjer no está en línea Stack level 5

The Pearl is the best, fun stuff combined with professional stuff = sweetness stuff ...er

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

I didn'T buy it I sell them so I got every PDA with me :P
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r

mrcsbrooks no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204b1dba

I have a treo and a pearl! The pearl is in my hands right now, and the treo is in the shop nuff said!!