I've just deleted my post asking for BB client for w960i.... had a long look ... Android Smartphones forum

Azazal no está en línea Stack level 1

Question What phone should I get????

Advertisement

I've just deleted my post asking for BB client for w960i.... had a long look around and am not going to get the thing working, no one else has!?!

So the question now is what phone should I get?? I need it to be a simple phone, that can handle BB connect and is small in form.... not too much to ask is it!?!?

Am on a nokia E65, but it shuts off everytime I close the slider... so wanted to change. Email works very well on this though!

Any suggestions??

Was thinking of getting a HTC touch Dual. Anyone got this working with BBConnect? and if so is it any good??

Thanks,

A.
    Last edited by Azazal; 01-20-2008 at 07:52 AM.

fritter no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: What phone should I get????

to see what phone might fit you better please go here and there is a compare option to see the difference. http://www.blackberry.com/

Sci-Tek no está en línea Stack level 4

get a BB pearl 8100, maybe 8130 if you abolutley need wifi

got my 8100 aprox 3 weeks ago, very satisfied, even tho it don't have wifi support.. which is starting to be kinda basic on smartphones nowdays..

s16ri no está en línea Stack level 5

I seconded Sci-Tek. You should make the leap and embrace to pure BB. Life will be fun as felt by the rest of the BB addicts here in Pinstacks

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555

I can agree with that. The pearl is small and packs a lot of power and it feels more like a phone. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jd885 no está en línea Stack level 3

I agree with Sci-Tek You should get an 8100 or 8130.. its small and size, works great and can handle what you need i love my 8100

Sci-Tek no está en línea Stack level 4

Good to see happy pearl users out there .

BTW: I've been with nokia the last 10 years, changed phone each 1-2 year.
    I'm impressed by the possibilities with a BB, even tho it lacks some functions like I mentioned, WLAN.. but thats just a battery killer

tbone6649 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2403CBE1

Quote Originally Posted by Azazal View Post
    I've just deleted my post asking for BB client for w960i.... had a long look around and am not going to get the thing working, no one else has!?!

So the question now is what phone should I get?? I need it to be a simple phone, that can handle BB connect and is small in form.... not too much to ask is it!?!?

Am on a nokia E65, but it shuts off everytime I close the slider... so wanted to change. Email works very well on this though!

Any suggestions??

Was thinking of getting a HTC touch Dual. Anyone got this working with BBConnect? and if so is it any good??

Thanks,

A.
    Honestly, nothing even comes close to a blackberry. But if you really want a phone that has bb connect on it thats not a blackberry, nothing beats the nokia e61i. If you really really think that you need a phone other than a blackberry, I will sell you my e61i. Ive used it for less than a week and realized its just not the same at all, and had to go back to my broken and glued up pearl. Think of the difference between BB's and any other type of phone as the difference between Windows and Mac OS X. Windows has so many bugs and gets slowed down and so on, while OS X is fast, and every program on it integrates with the other programs running. When you look at OS X, or a BB for the first time it just looks too simple and not enough features, but when you play with it and really learn it, you can never look back. It just works, and works well.
    PIN me: 23F6D9C8

benritmeyer no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~tbone6649 you have hit the nail right on the head, they are such similair products in their ethos and the way they operate!!

Shame they don't sync well together lol

Lee Cox no está en línea Stack level 1

I've been using the new BlackBerry Connect client on the Nokia E51 for the last 4 weeks and it works really well. Previous versions were a bit of a nightmare to setup and use. I'd definately recommend it for Nokia lovers who want to try BlackBerry.

sugarspicebaby1 no está en línea Stack level 3

Get a Pearl - all the kinks have been worked out - ppl know how to fix the probs that do exist - there are all kinds of apps for anything and everything that you can imagine - its small and slim - you can expand the memory It's great!

anggit no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    252079de

I am now using the Blackberry Connect with Nokia E51 and I am happy with it. This is the thinnest and full featured smart phone with BBConnect capability (no reset since 1 week ago). But if you ask me whether I miss my blackberry 8310, the answer is YES ! hehehe :-D