Hey Ya'll, I am getting more and more interested in the Droid being released on ... Android Smartphones forum

Hank061978 no está en línea Stack level 3

Want to jump ship.....

Advertisement

Hey Ya'll,
    I am getting more and more interested in the Droid being released on the 6th of Nov. However, I still have concerns coming from the BB 8900. I need to know if email is basically the same aspect. I mean, Can I add all the adresses I want like with BB BIS Email setup? Are the emails instant as they are on the BB's? How is instant messaging? I know I will be giving up BBM, but if everything else is awesome then it will be worth it. Can custom ringtones be set with droid phones? Can MP3 clips be set as ringtones? I would be greatful for any info or directions to links that will clarify my curiosities. Thank you all for your time and concern...
    -Hank

disturkis4u no está en línea Stack level 3
    Email isn't push...can be set to retrieve every couple minutes or so. IM. will probably be better since there are so many apps for it. You can set custom ringtones for anyone, send them to voicemail, download mp3s ota, chop up an mp3 right on the phone and make it an mp3 etc. It's also getting Google navigation and sync directly to social networks. Few other new features with the new 2.0 software. You can check out the market at androlib.com or android.com
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile myTouch 3G Build/DRC92) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

jag257 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Pushed email is a biggie for me...
    JAG257
    iPhone4
    " Losers try their best, WINNERS do what ever it takes"

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Android has been offering free and paid push email for months now on third party solutions.

It's also now officialy offered on gmail accounts:
    http://www.google.com/mobile/android/mail/

I've been using this on our pinstack accounts it works like a dream esp the remote access to server contacts.

Your not jumping ships here. It's still a smartphone. You are simply changing cabins haha
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

Good too know, might inspire a switch from AT&T....... Time will tell as these devices continue to grow on me.
    JAG257
    iPhone4

btompkins0112 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I switched to iPhone once......free, paid, google push is no substitute for BB. Went straight back a week later to get an 8900. I tested once with my wife on the phone, she sent me an email and before I asked if she had sent it yet it showed up in my inbox.....magic. BB Rocks!

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    There's no such thing as paid google push as far as I'm aware. For me it works instant. As far as I know due to load BIS now is set to only send in 15 min cycles.

Strange results for you. They both are good solutions. You should test send me and email and see how fast I reply lol.

I think the remote access to contacts on server is was did it for me. Now I do t have to have my local address book filled with biz contacts.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

Sounds like a challenge 2 me
    JAG257
    iPhone4

I've got my receptionist rubbing down my shoulders and I just put in my mouthguard........

btw....I meant google exchange for the iTurd....I mean Phone.

You guys rock....so to clarify...with the android the emails come in by themselves right? I don't have to have any speacial 3rd party app or go in and manually download my emails all the time right? I mean I can set the phone to check like every 5min or so? Also is the android like the BB in the since that on my blackerry I have a t-mo email, Gmail, and 3 charter accounts....Can all these be added to the Droid, if not how would I check them?

-Thanks again.
    Hank

disturkis4u no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yes you can add other non gmail accounts and NO you don't manually check it every time...you set to retrieve like 5mins or so
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile myTouch 3G Build/DRC92) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

Awesome, I think I will be getting the Droid this coming up friday and that's that......

Thanks All,
    Hank
    Hate me for everything I am before you love me for something I'm NOT!!!