I just received a new replacement from T-mobile for my 30 day old broken one. ... Android Smartphones forum

Kustomkid no está en línea Stack level 1

Trouble rooting brand new My-Touch...

Advertisement

I just received a new replacement from T-mobile for my 30 day old broken one. My son (who knows what he's doing) tried to root the new phone earlier today and had difficulty. It apparently wouldn't take. I have enclosed information for you to examine to see if this phone and it's software should/may pose problems with rooting, or if it's just something we're doing wrong.

My Touch 3G
    Firmware 1.6
    Baseband Version 62.50S.20.17U_2.22.19.261
    Kernel Version 2.6.29-00479-g3c7df37 android-build@apa26 #19
    Build Number DRC92

Please try to help us understand what me might be doing wrong.

ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro
    Is this the Fender edition or the original? I think I remember seeing something on another site about having difficulties with the Fender Edition.
    Proof of absence is not absence of proof.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I do not know much about the Android platform, but this thread has some links on it. Maybe they will help http://forums.pinstack.com/f60/rooti...fender-118047/

civicsi89 no está en línea Stack level 1
    The Mytouch Fender takes a different rooting process being that its now 32A. Only the stock rom works on it right now because of the headphone jack. So when you do root it. You can only run the stock rom as of now. It has to be rooted with a gold card.