Is there any easy way to do this?? I've taken a bunch of video clips ... Android Smartphones forum

green_light no está en línea Stack level 3

Transferring videos from Android to PC?

Advertisement

Is there any easy way to do this?? I've taken a bunch of video clips lately and would like to transfer them to my PC. But it appears that they do not save to the sdcard, and I cannot find them on the phone anywhere besides in the Gallery, and in the "Camera" album. When looking at details of the videos, the file location is "Unknown location". I've looked everywhere through my sdcard and the phone itself with ES File Explorer, but can't seem to find them. I am also unable to attach them to a new Gmail message, even the smallest video clip is "Too large to be attached".

This seems like a pretty elementary issue, and haven't found anything else on this topic, but for some reason I'm having problems with it. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I just answered my own question. For anybody else that cannot find their videos, install Astro File Manager or ES File Explorer. Navigate to this directory: /sdcard/DCIM/Camera/. Photos and videos you've taken will be there.
    Last edited by green_light; 06-13-2010 at 06:47 PM. Reason: found solution
    My Phone: Nexus One
    Version: 2.3.7
    What I'm running now: CM7 Nightly latest build

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Haha I was just going to tell you to go to the DCIM/Camera folder. As far as emailing them goes, even a video less than a minute long can be 30mb on my Droid if on high quality, try changing to lower/lowest quality if you want to MMS or email it.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Yeah the high quality video setting would do it lol. I don't know why I didn't think of that. Also, why is the Camera directory hidden? I've seen the DCIM directory before but figured it was a system directory.

Thanks

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    When I hook my digital camera to my computer pics are in the DCIM folder as well. Here's a blurb on wiki about DCIM: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Design_...ra_File_system
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Cool, thanks again. I've found a nice video converter that will convert 3GPP videos to MP4 and other more flexible formats. I believe it is clean of any viruses. It's very easy to use. I have transferred all videos from my sdcard to my PC as backup videos, and made a separate folder for the MP4 formats. It's nice to clear up 250+ mb on my sdcard

Here's the link to the 3GPP converter: Free 3GP Video Converter