Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By jfcooley
  • 1 Post By Delfim

i've a GS2 and all pictures and videos i take are saved on the phone's ... Android Smartphones forum

khaddem no está en línea Stack level 2

Question tmobile GS2 photos and videos on google+ and/or picasa

Advertisement

i've a GS2 and all pictures and videos i take are saved on the phone's internal memory. I installed google+ and my pictures and videos upload directly to google+. Lately, my brother told me about picasa and since i need to manage my phone's memory, i was wondering if:
    1- can the pictures and videos uploaded from my phone to google+ be saved on picasa too? and how?
    2- to save memory on my 16gig GS2, can i delete the pics and videos from my phone once they are uploaded to picasa or google+?
    3- If i get another android phone, can i easily access my pics and videos saved on google+ and/or picasa from the new phone ( the new GS3)?
    I will appreciate any instructions or assistance on these questions since i am new to all this cloud thing.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Thanks for your question. No need to post multiple times as I know one of our resident Droid experts will be along shortly to advise you.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    You can upload to both. Since I don't use either I will guess you open your gallery, select pic, then choose share.
    Dropbox now has an auto upload feature if you'd like to back them up there. Any item stored in the cloud can be accessed from another device provided the device is set up with your account.

Another avenue would be to store them on your sd card. If you change devices you can just insert your card into that device.

You can change pic storage in your camera apps settings.
    PapaMag likes this.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Hi khadem. Yes, Yes and yes. Or rather:
    IF you upload and save your pictures to G+ the pictures will be accessible to you on any phone, whether iOS or Android or any other because G+ is cross platform.
    I personally recommend a Picasa application though ( and there are many, but I do like Picasa Tool, it's a paid app but it's the best) and I use it as the default uploading site for my pics. It's also more private.
    You can setup Albums and all your pictures that you take. IThe pics will automatically be uploaded to your Picasa Web Album of choice. You can program it to upload via WiFi only, or both WiFI and GSM. All these pics are accessible on any Android phone via any Picasa app. Or via Web, on any PC.
    Once you've uploaded them to Picasa, they will remain there. You obviously can delete them but that only is possible if you so choose. If you delete them on your phone's Gallery, it won't affect Picasa's pictures. The same goes for Google+.
    So, enjoy it. Takle pics, upload to your heart's content.
    PapaMag likes this.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Great and quick responses guys I'm sure it's appreciated

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

Glad to help.
    Del is always so thorough isn't he. ©

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ...and Jay always hits the mark.
    The bud should be happy. And HAPPIER when his SIII will arrive...

Well announcment may 2/3rd. Will it be the 3?