Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By ShellyMiddleton
  • 2 Post By ShellyMiddleton
  • 1 Post By ajm135

Anyone go from Blackberry to Android? How difficult is the learning curve? I have been ... Android Smartphones forum

crack14crack no está en línea Stack level 1

thinking of going from Blackberry to Andriod

Advertisement

Anyone go from Blackberry to Android?

How difficult is the learning curve?

I have been using a blackberry since 2004, thinking of going to Android.

Any recommendations?
    Just trying to stack up against all the other pins...

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    This is the right place to ask many of the experts on here come from BlackBerry and either go to Apple, Windows or Android. I haven't done yet but just keep watching your post and you will get a lot of answers. You may need to go to Google Sync, but Delfim, and Roger, will come in with some recommendations

Welcome to Pinstack
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Its not that bad at all to get the basics of android.
    Anything you're particularly concerned about.

ShellyMiddleton no está en línea Stack level 2
    I went from a BlackBerry Storm 2 to a Samsung Galaxy Nexus. Best move I ever made! It's not hard to learn to use. I would recommend getting the Samsung Galaxy S3. Quite simply I LOVE ANDROID! ;-)
    RogerG likes this.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Nice to see some old members coming back!

ShellyMiddleton no está en línea Stack level 2
    Yeah, usually don't have much to say, but always keep watching the posts on my RSS feeds. This is a great forum!
    RogerG and chokem like this.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Well it's good to see you. Don't be a stranger. You in the contest?

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4
    Thinking of doing the same thing. Only trouble I hate typing on the screen. Son has a work phone that is android and has a keyboard but I think it is only on sprint. Sprint has bad service in my area

ajm135 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I feel the learning is curve is not that bad. There definitely is one but its like anything else really. It will take some getting used. To. Does the keyboard matter to you cause other wise there is great variety of android smartphones out there
    RogerG likes this.

ajm135 no está en línea Stack level 1
    The htc one X, Samsung galaxy S 3, The samsung galaxy nexus are the best choices as far as best android phones but it depends on the price range and whether you want a physical keyboard or not

richmo58 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I came from 2 BlackBerry's (Pearl, then Curve) to Android about 18 months ago. The main reason I made the switch was from a development perspective: I had the opporunity to do some Android development, so I wanted to get my hands on a device before I had to start working with it. Overall, I'm happy with it. The Android system is very well thought out and executed well. The devices are more like small computers than phones...although the BlackBerry was that way too. Internet browsing still isn't perfect with Android, but much better than with BB. The larger screen sizes with Android are much nicer than what I was squinting into with BB. The main things I miss from BB days: the keyboard (18 months later, I still stink at touchscreen), battery life (one quick charge a day was all I needed with the BB, now I plug in whenever I get a chance) and BBM. I didn't think the learning curve was bad at all with Android; I think you'll like it.