Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 21 of 21

well, I'm back with an update after my 1 month experience with an android (Samsung ... Android Smartphones forum

  1. #16
    Optimus's Avatar
    Optimus no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    203

    Advertisement



    well, I'm back with an update after my 1 month experience with an android (Samsung Behold II) and i have to say it wasn't a good one...Maybe it was just the phone but i ended up getting frustrated with it and sent it back a few days before my 30 days was up...I decided to go back to a blackberry and asked for a good deal on either a curve or bold; they sent me a curve 8520 for free with no fees today, i even talked them into reducing the data plan to 20 bucks. The feel and look of the phone has won me over already and it's definitely a big leap over the pearl 8100 so i think we will become good friends.

    Now to be fair and not to discourage other android users i didn't have a data plan on the behold 2 so it was basically useless. nevertheless navigating through it was just cumbersome, i don't think i could manage ANY touchscreen phone after that experience. I just like the "feel" of actual buttons and not have to worry about accidentally damaging the touchscreen. The only thing the behold 2 had going for it was the 5 megapixel camera and of course (i would imagine) the android marketplace...Anyhow, I will be in pinstack more often trying to find the ins and outs of my new BB curve.

  2. #17
    azstar's Avatar
    azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    12,882
    I think I would have not liked Android so much if I had a pre-2.0 device too...and touch screens are not for everybody. The lack of a data plan definitely makes a difference too! Have fun with your new BB though, definitely a huge step up from your Pearl!
    Twitter? My Apps List

    Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

  3. #18
    Delfim's Avatar
    Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Posts
    14,886
    My gripes with Android were solely the sync functions - Google does not (not yet anyway) provide a full detail of contacts, calendar, note and tasks that I use presently with Outlook. And this is a major flaw in the OS design of Android.
    As far the OS 2.1 on the HTC Desire I had, it was pleasant. Far better media attractions and play things. The touch screen also bothered me a bit (as much as on the 9520 I have) and writing a long mail was a pain (as is on the 9520 as well).
    Since 90% of my communication usage is professional, I maintain that BB is the only serious choice . Ultimately, the best Smartphone available for this is the Bold 9700. At least, as an example, I can post on this thread without any problems...while I wait for a scan at the local medical diagnostic centre LOL !
    Android, I feel has great potential, but until then I'll patiently wait for it to grow up from it's juvenile state.
    In the meantime, when the going is tough, the tough get going ...with the BB OS and any BB model ! And, let me add, the BB's are no slouches on entertaiment either ...

  4. #19
    Optimus's Avatar
    Optimus no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    203
    Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    My gripes with Android were solely the sync functions - Google does not (not yet anyway) provide a full detail of contacts, calendar, note and tasks that I use presently with Outlook. And this is a major flaw in the OS design of Android.
    As far the OS 2.1 on the HTC Desire I had, it was pleasant. Far better media attractions and play things. The touch screen also bothered me a bit (as much as on the 9520 I have) and writing a long mail was a pain (as is on the 9520 as well).
    Since 90% of my communication usage is professional, I maintain that BB is the only serious choice . Ultimately, the best Smartphone available for this is the Bold 9700. At least, as an example, I can post on this thread without any problems...while I wait for a scan at the local medical diagnostic centre LOL !
    Android, I feel has great potential, but until then I'll patiently wait for it to grow up from it's juvenile state.
    In the meantime, when the going is tough, the tough get going ...with the BB OS and any BB model ! And, let me add, the BB's are no slouches on entertaiment either ...
    is that so? being able to sync my blackberry is one of the best selling points for me as i have had plenty of friends cry when their phone breaks and "lose all their contacts." with my new curve i just plugged it in and everything i had on my pearl (minus themes) transferred flawlessly....as for the bold 9700 is the difference that huge between it and the curve 8520? i ask cause reading the reviews all i got out of it was that the camera has a flash and it had a more updated os. seeing as how i have the option to purchase it for 80 bucks as part of my upgrade i didn't find it too reasonable to do so just for a camera with a flash which i would barely use...to put it in perspective, my pearl had a flash and my curve takes better pictures at night without one. unless someone can give me a viable reason to go for the bold, i think i'll stick with the curve.

  5. #20
    Delfim's Avatar
    Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Posts
    14,886
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    is that so? being able to sync my blackberry is one of the best selling points for me as i have had plenty of friends cry when their phone breaks and "lose all their contacts." with my new curve i just plugged it in and everything i had on my pearl (minus themes) transferred flawlessly....as for the bold 9700 is the difference that huge between it and the curve 8520? i ask cause reading the reviews all i got out of it was that the camera has a flash and it had a more updated os. seeing as how i have the option to purchase it for 80 bucks as part of my upgrade i didn't find it too reasonable to do so just for a camera with a flash which i would barely use...to put it in perspective, my pearl had a flash and my curve takes better pictures at night without one. unless someone can give me a viable reason to go for the bold, i think i'll stick with the curve.
    for 80 bucks, I wouldn´t wink, just in case I´miss it !
    The 9700, has a better processor, therefore much faster, a great OS (lot´s of great changes) , great battery life, it´s 3G, feels better in the hand, more robust...I could go on and on ! And then sync with Outlook is there...!
    It depends on you !

  6. #21
    Optimus's Avatar
    Optimus no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    203
    Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    for 80 bucks, I wouldn´t wink, just in case I´miss it !
    The 9700, has a better processor, therefore much faster, a great OS (lot´s of great changes) , great battery life, it´s 3G, feels better in the hand, more robust...I could go on and on ! And then sync with Outlook is there...!
    It depends on you !
    well, i have the pearl to compare everything to and right now the curve seems fast enough; although the 3g part of the bold seems appealing seeing as how my curve came with the slacker radio station which i'm really enjoying but it tends to buffer every so often. and i don't use outlook at all, i just sync to my yahoo address which all blackberries can do...i'll just play with the curve for a few more weeks before i decide to jump ship again. thanks for the input.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •