Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I've had my Nexus One for about 2 weeks now and I've already come very ... Android Smartphones forum

green_light no está en línea Stack level 3

The best skins/protectors for the Nexus One

Advertisement

I've had my Nexus One for about 2 weeks now and I've already come very close to dropping it on a cement floor. I am pretty sure a Nexus One wouldn't survive a 4 ft drop onto a cement floor. Not that a gel skin and screen protector would help, but what has everybody else done to protect their N1's/Androids? I haven't seen a skin thread here yet. If there's a good website that sells protection accessories for Android, I would be interested in your opinion.

I have been looking at the ZAGG invisibleSHIELD that appears to protect the entire device. I did like the simple silicone skin I had for my BlackBerry as it did a great job of absorbing shock if it was dropped, but with a device like the N1 I feel I need maximum coverage. Any suggestions? Thanks. http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/features.php
    Last edited by green_light; 05-19-2010 at 03:33 PM. Reason: added link

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    You may find something here at Case-Mate or BestSkins Ever or Seido

Thanks DjSmooth for the suggestions. I like a couple of these, I will look into them more. Makes the "ZAGG invisibleSHIELD" look a bit like overkill

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Seidio innocase and what ever screen protectors you like. I like clear ones not a huge fan of anti glare but i have a couple lying around if I need them. BSE and Zagg are rubbish to me. Never have like them plus they use the same stuff that covers the rest of the phone on the screen. A good screen protector from seidio or some one like that is more than adequate. You don't need 1/2 mm thick screen protectors. Just something that's easy to put on and get off. Some folks swear by zagg but they cost way to much and are cheaply made IMO. I'll try to find some links for you on them. So. I take it you are loving the nexus side of life.

Thanks BHP. I couldn't be happier with this phone, it can do anything I need it to. I'm excited for Firefox (or Fennec) and maybe a flash player at some point, but there's so many good things about this device, I can't even think of anything negative about it. Sometimes the touchscreen when I'm typing will flip out and act a little wonky and my presses will register completely different keys, but thats minor. I just need a good way to protect it, as I'm scared out of my mind whenever I remove it from my pocket lol. I like the look of the "Google Nexus One Gelli Case" and the "Tough Cases" both on Case-Mate. I understand the gelli case comes with a screen protector and it's got pretty positive reviews.

Tripper_ no está en línea Stack level 1
    yes

PIN/ID
    Apple
    http://www.myincipio.com/google_nexus_one_cases/ , http://www.seidioonline.com/Category-s/4025.htm ,
    yea, Case-Mate offers some great products. I've used their barely there cases on my old BB's. The storm and 9000. I really like the feel of the Seidio. I'm waiting impatiently fro the one for my Incredible.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Nope, no one has them in Stock. I'll put one on as soon as I can get my hands on one. Talking about the Zagg

The Zagg invisibleShield impressed me but I also want the option for shock absorption, if my phone ever does need to take a small tumble lol

Those Incipio cases look pretty sweet, but that Case-Mate Tough Case is what I think I want. Some great reviews and the video looks pretty cool...plus it comes with a screen protector. For $30, it looks like a good buy. Thanks guys for the recommendations.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    http://www.sgpstore.com/index.php/cPath/21_86 , these are hands down some of the best screen protectors on the market. This is what i have covering my nexus right now. The crystal. Waiting for the incredible to not be back ordered.

I wonder if these would work good with the Tough Case. I just placed an order for one, and I've read that some cases rub against screen protectors and make them peel.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    i had that issue with the innocase rubbing against it. I was very careful in how i took it off and out it on. i used a fine file and filed just a slight bit off the part that wraps around the Nexus sides that touches the screen and no more issues. i don't have the tough case and i haven't read any reviews so I can't say with that one.

Once I get my Tough Case I'll see how the case-mate screen protector works. Maybe I'll experiment with those ones you just posted if I don't like the case-mate one

PIN/ID
    Apple
    i think you will be happy with the Case-mate screen protector. I've had them before with no complainants. Let us know how the tough case is.

Will do!! I can't wait to get it, it looks like a beast of a case.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast