Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

eh .. i checked out the G1 today at the local tmo store .. not ... Android Smartphones forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Advertisement

eh .. i checked out the G1 today at the local tmo store .. not impressed.

now, the 8900 .. now that is a different story although im not fond of those keys, reminds me of the 8800

i did manage to set all the smartphone browsers to pinstack tho

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post

My Hero!!

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    eh .. i checked out the G1 today at the local tmo store .. not impressed.

now, the 8900 .. now that is a different story although im not fond of those keys, reminds me of the 8800

Kudos on the Pinstack PROMO... LoL....

The G1, as with ANY phone, takes time to get used to. I love my Berries, but I think, if the battery issue can be sorted out, I am loving the G1.

I still guarantee I will buy an HTC Touch Pro should someone figure out how to jailbreak them to use Android or HTC and Google port Android to the device.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Agreed with Sirthinks. Cherri the G1 is DEFINITELY not a pick me up and love me device.
    You have to want to try it and go about it with a really positive attitude. You will grow into liking it like most people did.

The battery life is indeed horrible but everything about the device is good.

I kept criticizing the looks of it but slowly im getting used to the look.

So yeah ... give it a 30days trial while youre at it

HOW ??!! lol

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Sorry - double post
    Last edited by ranxoren; 02-20-2009 at 02:52 AM.

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinks View Post
    I don't want my money back. Heck, we all know Ranx has a job and is not destitute. However, at the time, he had just paid all his bills, including car repairs, rent etc. He lost his computer and several blackberries all at the same time.

I, for one, didn't attach any strings to my helping him out.

Now, 2 weeks (or is it three weeks) later he has the BB we wanted to get for him, and one more phone purchased with money owed to him.

I don't have a problem with this.

Edit: A donation has no strings attached. A loan, on the other hand, requires repayment.
    Well said.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    So still rocking the G1 here i have to say that im growing fond of this device... Android is impressing me more and more along the ride ...

Rizzleman716 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21C680E5
    I didn't think the 8900's keyboard resembled the 8800. I thought that was the bold with the close keys?
    T-Mobile Pearl 8100>T-Mobile Curve 8320>T-Mobile Curve 8900>T-Mobile Bold 8900

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Yeah that is why im confused when it comes to Cherri's post lol

jusMikeP no está en línea Stack level 3
    Android is definitely impressive to me as well. I'm not overly fond of the hardware but it's decent, I've used much worse.

My main complaint is the battery life - absolutely horrible, even with 3g off. The other issue for me was the lack of push notifications. I can have up to 10 push email accounts on my BlackBerry, and 2 (which is the minimum I can get by with) push email accounts on my iPhone (1 exchange, 1 mobileme), but just 1 on android, which is a deal breaker.

If I ever decided to carry two phones (I do think about this every day) there's a very good chance that this phone would be one of them. I am very fond of gmail and gmail integration doesn't get any better than this.

For now, I'll go back and forth from my BlackBerry and my iPhone, at least until Android gets some sexier hardware and push notifications and/or an additional push email option. Hopefully, the next Android phone will have a much improved battery - I can't bear the thought of having to charge it every 4 hours.

Definitely a very, very slick OS and I look forward to seeing future iterations from Google!

andrewve2000 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have just ordered one can't wait to mess with it when it shows up the phone looks impressive,but I still love my bb.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

blacktouch007 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7B30C2E9
    i'm about to be with you guys and jump ship, im tired of that battery pulls and software errors

artcarney no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewve2000 View Post
    I have just ordered one can't wait to mess with it when it shows up the phone looks impressive,but I still love my bb.
    Ok, c'mon you guys! You're COMPLETELY tempting me! Does the Seido extra sized battery help? If so I may try it also ...

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    I decided to give the g1 a spin. I got it today and I love it so far. I'm a true bb addiict but curiosity got the best of me. The keyboard does take some getting use to but it's going to be fun learning all about it.

walkiniceberg no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21D45768
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    We placed our orders through www.sntradersonline.com

~via smartphone wap.pinstack.com~
    That site is uber expensive. Is there no alternative site that's a lil bit cheaper. I'm gonna pm you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123