Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I think you guys got a bad batch from your dealer! LOL... Android Smartphones forum

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro

Advertisement

I think you guys got a bad batch from your dealer! LOL

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    huh lol youre talking about the grass there you drunken surfer ?

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Hehe. Just havin' fun. It's interesting to hear the feedback on the new devices. However, I am tied to my BB, mainly for work purposes. I'm a happy BB user. The little things don't bother me like they do a lot of people.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Well I still love BBs lol OBVIOUSLY but seeing the OpenSource Android community do its thing is IMPRESSIVE. And its a joy to use also.

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Not to mention.... /rooting it was a breeze... Now if I could just get the browser rotate to work...

Edit: With /root and RC33 installed, there is an option in the Browser's settings for auto-rotate. Mine is now rotating.
    Last edited by Sirthinks; 02-20-2009 at 01:41 AM.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Well i'm sure I7oobie will come around and help us out for the auto rotate browser thingy he has it enabled in his sig

Emmc no está en línea Stack level 5
    I had the G1 for a few days. I liked it alot. The biggest problems I had was the slide out keyboard (I'm spoiled by my qwerty always in front of me on my Curve) and the battery life was so bad. Charging 3 times a day is just not good. I'll be watching to see the "G2". I really like the apps on the Android.

P.S. Why wouldn't the OP refund the donations for the 8900 with the over seas cash injection? Just a thought.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by Emmc View Post
    I had the G1 for a few days. I liked it alot. The biggest problems I had was the slide out keyboard (I'm spoiled by my qwerty always in front of me on my Curve) and the battery life was so bad. Charging 3 times a day is just not good. I'll be watching to see the "G2". I really like the apps on the Android.
    Ive grown used to the keyboard its really not bad although a little too flushed.
    I definitely agree with you on battery life though ... really bad ... thankfully i have chargers wherever i go even if its just a usb cable plugged into my MBP

P.S. Why wouldn't the OP refund the donations for the 8900 with the over seas cash injection? Just a thought.
    because i didnt actually GET the money for the G1, I used the person that owed me money's dad's paypal account as his dad did not trust sending me money on paypal and didnt want to do a wire transfer (i just wrote that to make things simple but if you must know exactly what happened now you do )

If people want their donation money back I will gladly refund them as time goes because im slowly getting back on my feet.

But that is the sole reason why I didnt want to accept loans or anything like that. I didnt want any strings attached, the stackers helped me in a time of need and it brought tears to my eyes.

Now if some of the donators feel like they would want their donations back let me know.

Does that answer your thought ?
    Last edited by ranxoren; 02-20-2009 at 01:32 AM.

PIN/ID
    2831A313
    I don't want my money back. Heck, we all know Ranx has a job and is not destitute. However, at the time, he had just paid all his bills, including car repairs, rent etc. He lost his computer and several blackberries all at the same time.

I, for one, didn't attach any strings to my helping him out.

Now, 2 weeks (or is it three weeks) later he has the BB we wanted to get for him, and one more phone purchased with money owed to him.

I don't have a problem with this.

Edit: A donation has no strings attached. A loan, on the other hand, requires repayment.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

PIN/ID
    AskMe

PIN/ID
    2831A313
    The battery life on the G1 is horrendous. Of course people with this device are going to PLAY with all its features. The battery is going to take a kicking.

I have ordered the Seaidio 2600 battery for the device. It is supposed to more than double the battery life.

As for the QWERTY keyboard, it has taken a couple of days, but I am used to the G1 keyboard. I just wish the keys had more shape to them. They are very flat.

I still can't wait for them to release the HTC Touch Pro with Android on it.

Edit: Unless of course someone jailbreaks the HTC Touch Pro in the meantime... hint hint hint

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinks View Post
    I don't want my money back. Heck, we all know Ranx has a job and is not destitute. However, at the time, he had just paid all his bills, including car repairs, rent etc. He lost his computer and several blackberries all at the same time.

I, for one, didn't attach any strings to my helping him out.

Now, 2 weeks (or is it three weeks) later he has the BB we wanted to get for him, and one more phone purchased with money owed to him.

I don't have a problem with this.

Edit: A donation has no strings attached. A loan, on the other hand, requires repayment.
    Ditto, But if you do decide that BB just isn't right for you then I can give you my address and take care of them for you.

PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    Ditto, But if you do decide that BB just isn't right for you then I can give you my address and take care of them for you.
    Speaking of which..... Do you still want my old Bold?

PIN/ID
    AskMe

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinks View Post
    Speaking of which..... Do you still want my old Bold?
    Answered in other thread .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast