Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I did like the SK3 when I first used it. Its too ... Android Smartphones forum

xtasyboi_00 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    PM

Re: T-Mobile Sidekick III 3

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I did like the SK3 when I first used it. Its too big and heavy, but the big screen and instant messenger, is sweet. The typing is easy and sweet, but I heard problems about Bluetooth and ring tones and themes and all that. I also heard that customizing the phone is hard, like themes, colors, all that. Don't know, I liked it but wouldn't trade BBs for Danger.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB 8100 Pearl (wap.pinstack.com)~ I am in a similar boat as the original poster but with a twist. Need some honest answers from those of u who carry the BB and another phone.

I am a college student studying Sign Language Interpreting and the favored device of the Deaf community is the sidekick. I have a few questions:

1) I have an SK 2 that is a year and a half old and like it. But as you all know the sk3 is out now and I really don't like it. Do I keep an 18 month old device that can't be upgraded (by this I mean the software can't be upgraded) and wait for something better?

2) Should I wait for another upgrade eligibility and get whatever sk device is out by then, or get the sk3 as soon as I need it? I am sure they will have another device before I graduate, become certified and begin working LOL

3) Financially, is it wiser to get it activated as a prepaid device at $1 per day for unlimited use (without phone calls which are $.20/minute)?

4) Or should I switch to a Family Plan, have 2 lines and add the SK plan which is $29 a month, with no voice? I will use the BB for voice.

This has been on my mind all night LOL

Sorry for the post being so long but I needed to be detailed as much as possible.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 02-09-2007 at 10:39 PM.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ To make my fist 2 questions clearer, should I keep what I have or upgrade depending on what the newer devices will look like? Thanks.

jaysun930 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2431c3f2

I would say keep the sk2 the reception is better on the sk2 and it is more sturdy than the sk3. the question of post paid and pre pay it seems to come out the same price wise ($1=30day, 29.99 for sk data without voice) but with the contract if the sk4 or whatever they want to call it comes out you will be able to get a slight discount compare to people with pre pay has to pay the full amount for the new sk.

Oh ok. Thanks. I was hoping someone would agree with me and say keep what I have LOL

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555

Bb devices are super stable. I had a sk2 and thought about getting sk3 for data only because I pay a lot more for my bb plan than I would for the SK plan. But to be honest. The bb plan is worth every penny. I've never had a days issue since I've had it. So it all boils down to personal preference.

Quote Originally Posted by li2327
    Bb devices are super stable. I had a sk2 and thought about getting sk3 for data only because I pay a lot more for my bb plan than I would for the SK plan. But to be honest. The bb plan is worth every penny. I've never had a days issue since I've had it. So it all boils down to personal preference.
    I'm not giving up the BB. I am going to be using it as a second device because of my college major and field of employment I am going into. That's why I was asking for feedback on what I should do.

PDAsh no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    243BBC5A

My 11 yr old has a sidekick and you know what she told me. "Everybody at school likes the sidekick but it's only a "SIDEKICK". It's not all that exciting." I had an SDA that I let her use and she likes that SO much better. I have the Dash and I would highly recomend the DASH over a Sidekick anyday.

trigga15 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21655FFB

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~just go buy a pearl you can put music on it and its hot a nice camera and Bluetooth

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Erica, before I had the pearl I had the sk3. battery life was better than sk2, had a sleek feel and internet loaded much faster. I got rid of it because.. well.. it's a sidekick.

I vote sk3.

Cool. I will see what happens. I have been using my SK2 recently (alot more than my Pearl) and this time around my wrists and arms are not hurting from using it all day like they did the last time I used it. (2 years ago)

I may just go ahead and get the SK3 because I'm now starting to like the look of the phone and that trackball looks IDENTICAL to the one on the 8100/8800

I have the Get More 600 Minutes plan which gives me the option to add a second line to the account.

One question, black...I am a big text message user. Where is the option to send text from the SK3 without going into email? I've been viewing online demos but can't find it. I see IM options and Email but no text LOL Can I get a screenshot of that before I shell out $200-$300 for it? (Oops, I just read that you got rid of it but do u remember where it was?)

Quote Originally Posted by trigga15
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~just go buy a pearl you can put music on it and its hot a nice camera and Bluetooth
    I already have the Pearl. I am looking at the SK3 for my current college major and future job as a sign language interpreter and the SK is a popular device in the Deaf/Hard of Hearing community (although the BlackBerry is becoming more popular. I wonder how many Deaf/HOH people have given up SK's for the new Pearl and 8800). It will also be my backup in case I forget the BB

I bought the SK3 this past Saturday and LOVE IT. Had to go to 2 stores and end up extending my contract to get it but I got it for $300 and am so happy I made the plunge. By the way, my SK2 is no longer even holding a charge with the new charger I got with the SK3 (with which it is supposed to be compatible). The Pearl has now become the weekend phone (until I can get the SK3 switched to prepaid).

Er0
    Er0 no está en línea Stack level 2

I had a SK and hated it. So happy I went to the BB

MeridenBoi no está en línea Stack level 2

I have both a sk3 and a BB pearl and the BB pearl is a million times better. The only thing the sidekick has over the BB is the keyboard other then that, their service sucks the browser is slow the camera is the worst and you can't add any apps or games unless its from the sidekick catalog. Plus your gonna run into a problems like your phone not chargin right or the trackball not workin right. I wouldn't recommend it at all unless you just want a phone that looks good.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast