Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

glad i got my bb if i didn't i wouldn't have met some cool people ... Android Smartphones forum

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: T-Mobile Sidekick III 3

Advertisement

glad i got my bb if i didn't i wouldn't have met some cool people on here... just wish i had a different carrier

peguero no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID

I've seen and handled a Kick III, definite improvement over kick II. Better screen, much better keypad (I've seen a few keypads fall off before). My friend and I were hanging out for a bit- (3) catching up on business, some odds and ends that have to be dealt with (2) and making sure we are on the right track..(1- BOOM)

SIDEKICK DATA CRASH!!!! No LIE...

It happened that fast.

JadedBerry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    203B4165

I looked at the kick 3, at the local TMO store. They opened a box, the shipment had just come in as it was the day that TMO introduced officially here anyway.... so i'm checking this thing out, flip open the screen to get to the k/b, and the thing falls off and is hanging there like some kind of limp asparagus head... then my tmo rep is saying that shouldn't happen, duh, you think? and a friend of mine had the kick2 and had same issues with the screen. buy an IPOD, get a BB. that's what i did and i'm phenominally happy
    One out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.

ENY428 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

Im wit you jadedberry. I did the same as you.

CAPONE no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    300C099E

In all fairness, the sidekick is an amzing device.... When it works.... Which, unforunately, is not not often. I too spent many days/nights looking at a useless sk because of outages. And the craftsmanship is quite poor on them. So for stability, is Blackberry all the way.

jlesh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D95340

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Get the Pearl. It has an mp3 player, 1.3 mp camera, mini SD card slot, video playback and al the great features of a BB. The Sidekick truly is a very "immature" device. They're for high school and college kids. Plus I have heard of many problems with the data service on the SK3 and the SKs have always been weak. They break easily and sor no reason. Be loyal to the Berry.

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

I think the sidekick is honestly more for the DIEHARD AIM fans. Otherwise get a BB, use Verichat, Ramble or IM+. If you wanna sidekick 3, get one! Then end up coming back to the blackberry. Thats what I did

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

One of the main form functions that I prefer in a BB over a Sidekick and whatever other crap there is out there is the fact that you don't have to flip open a keyboard and turn the thing sideways in order to type a message. With the 8700, its always there baby...

shafferds no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23d2a4fe

hey if the sidekick works for you than great get it - but in the long run you will have an overpriced aol im phone that has crappy reception. If you take out a sidekick in the business world you will get laughed at. If you take out a blackberry you get respect
    DO OR DO NOT THERE IS NO TRY

nboy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    246b7029

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i tell that all of the statements have been true! I went from a Sidekick to a BB 7105t only because it was free at first. Now that I switched iam glad I did! The BB just works better! I got the Sidekick to use when I was going out and looked cool when I would pull it out for girls! The BB instantly gives you credit on any stage, almost like pulling up somewhere like a rolls Royce!

emonique333 no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Just bumping the thread to add some comments about the Cingular 8125 that was mentioned above. I actually came to a BB from that phone. Windows Mobile is really buggy, IMO. I was doing resets almost on a daily basis. If I went on the internet, played an MP3 or 2, opened the calendar, then made some notes & then tried to make a phone call the phone would lock up. Overall, just a lot of stability issues which sucked because I really wanted to keep that phone. And honestly sometimes I do miss having a camera or being able to play MP3s but then I think about how often I used those features (not that often) & about how when I did use them how much they would bogg the phone performance down and it just wasn't worth it. The Blackberry is a lot more stable & as a few others mentioned, more professional looking.

Just my 2 cents.

palacefan no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~keep your bb and get a sony mylo too

stingray no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by melissaox
    Just keep in mind, SKs data service goes down all the time. Like at least monthly. And all you can do is look at your neat toy that will do, well, nothing. You also can not download anything that Tmo doesn't put out on thier catalog, including ringtones, themes (there are none on the SK unless they change that on 3), and programs. No yahoo email delivered to my phone.
    SKs are also touchy with that flip screen, and I had charging problems with all the SKs I had.
    I dropped my SK once I learned about the BB. And I actually spen less a month on my Tmo bill with my BB than with my SK!
    I would never recommend an SK to anyone. It spent a lot of time as an expensive paperweight.

Also - a Tmo rebate and Amazon rebate generally can not be used together on a phone.
    How did you take care of the charging problems. I'm having a problem now with my Sidekick III.

TIA

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

Which charging problem are you having? The one where the battery is dying out or where the charging light doesn't come on? Either way, contact the warranty exchange dept and get a replacement.

tjoanne no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    304845CB

the skIII's bluetooth doesn't work! just so you guys know!
    ~*TJ*~

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast