Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ordered mine last week. Said I would have it by the 29th (earliest) or by ... Android Smartphones forum

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6

Advertisement

Ordered mine last week. Said I would have it by the 29th (earliest) or by 8/3 (Latest). I am ready to rock it!

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    @moses

You giving up the Storm for the M.T.?
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

Indeed I am. Time to try something new!

Update:

Your package is on time with a scheduled delivery date of 07/30/2009.

Finally, almost here!!!!!
    Last edited by moses2628; 07-28-2009 at 10:03 AM.

bicho911 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24ada765

Smile

I'll be united with mine soon!

Your package is on time with a scheduled delivery date of 07/28/2009.

recondo no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hey Moses: Couldn't wait huh...I understand cause I'm still battling with the choice myself! I love my BB Storm but want some 3G love. Anyone know why TMO is not putting UMA on their newer phones? It's great technology they should keep, makes TMO stand out from the other two!

Couple more days...

Yeah, I couldn't! If something BB wise comes out with T-MO, I will just sweet talk my way into getting it at a discount price. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against BB's, just want a change of scenary!

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Well, I dont see TMO coming out with a BB thats in Android's league. Touch pro 2 seems pretty solid but it runs win.mobile!!

My phone is here in chicago OUT FOR DELIVERY. Im just waiting on big brown to pull up!

Lucky you rdills!!!! I have someone staying at my house tomorrow just so they can sign for my package!!!! I have already purchased a Black trackball to throw in there to "Black" mine out.

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    IT HAS ARRIVED!!!!!!!!!!

I'm just gonna let it sit there for a minute and admire it from a far!!LMAO!!!!!

Lucky you!!

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by rdills View Post
    IT HAS ARRIVED!!!!!!!!!!

I'm just gonna let it sit there for a minute and admire it from a far!!LMAO!!!!!
    Let's hear the scoop. Tell us your thoughts about it. Can't wait to get some reviews!
    BlackBerry8900/5.0.0.100 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100
    Last edited by pdxmatts; 07-29-2009 at 11:33 PM.

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Well coming from the G1, I loved Android already, but I really like the sleek new hardware design! Keyboard wasnt a factor for me because after cupcake I barely used the hardware keyboard anymore! But this one is much smoother!

The biggest improvement so far is the MEMORY!!! 288MB just for apps compared to the G1 74MB!! Amazing! plus a 4GB sd card!!
    Loving it so far!!

Thyth no está en línea Stack level 3
    I've been using a Google Ion on T-Mobile for a while now. Now that the myTouch is reaching customers, the myTouch specific things are starting to work (Geodelic Sherpa, VVM). I've been using the Exchange ActiveSync app from the HTC Hero build, but I think it is part of the standard system image for the myTouch.

It's a bit difficult to go from a BlackBerry keyboard to a touchscreen virtual keyboard. Web browser is snappy on 3G and on WiFi -- UI about as good as the iPhone browser, but there is no multitouch for zooming, and it gets 93/100 on the acid 3 standards compliance test. Lack of camera flash is a bit discouraging, but the sensor seems a lot more capable and the JPEG compression quality much higher than the 8320 I came from.

Email responds better than the BIS accounts I had on the BlackBerry. BIS, after all, only pulls from IMAP and OWA web sources, so speed of delivery is the same as pulling from the device itself. The email applications use the same Webkit rendering engine for HTML content as the browser, and it's absolutely beautiful. The Exchange ActiveSync (via the "Work Email") application does a much better job of reading email than BIS Exchange OWA ever did. So, to be honest, I'm not missing the "legendary" email capabilities of the BlackBerry.

Applications and the developer API is in a completely different world from the BlackBerry world. The GV (Evan Charlton's, not even the official) application provides a dialing experience that looks, behaves, and performs almost indistinguishably from the standard dialer. The application Market already has a huge selection of games and other useful applications; it's a much better experience than the BlackBerry App World. The API enables a lot of cool things that I didn't see (and I don't think are possible) on the BlackBerry platform. There's 3D hardware acceleration and OpenGL ES support for games (which also translates into an absolutely beautiful and smooth experience using Google Street View in the Maps application), there's a direct frame read API for the camera (which enables a really easy to use barcode scanner that just needs to "scan" over a barcode, far more user friendly than ScanLife on the BB).

At some point, I'll spend the time to hack together a ROM with Adobe Flash support for the Browser (from the HTC Hero), and maybe a few other toys like call recording, WiFi tethering. It's too bad that the myTouch 3G has a locked down bootloader and no root exploit as of yet (but, I'm one of the people working on changing that).
    Need an eScreen code? Try my generator: http://absolous.wavegap.com/projects/escreen/

PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Thats great news! Can't wait!!

The Battery on this thing is a soldier!! They got it right this time.
    I hate the name "My Touch", but some strange way, its starting to make sense. Every person that's seen it wants to touch it!!!! Sorry but NO its MY TOUCH! HANDS OFF!!! Its sexy as hell!

Indeed! I spent my whole evening customizing mine and going through it. This phone is a gem, and works well. I find Google Talk a nice little alternative to BBM. The apps are amazing and plentiful, and Browser speed is awesome with T-mobile's 3G!!!!!! Loving it alot!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12