For anyone interested in the slide to type app, you will be able to download ... Android Smartphones forum

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5

Swype to be released to all Android users June 16

Advertisement

For anyone interested in the slide to type app, you will be able to download Swype starting June 16. It's still a final beta version, but this means it should be going official soon. Follow the links below for more info:

Announcement: http://androidandme.com/2010/06/news...ers-june-16th/

Swype's beta site: http://beta.swype.com/

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I thankfully got in on the beta, I am a Swype addict so I have not been without it since it leaked before the limited beta started. I wonder if they will change their mind and put this in the Market or stick to vending it only to Manufacturers/Carriers. I wonder how long that Beta will last before it expires.....

The second best alternative to Swype is Shapewriter which will be pulled from the market on June 20th for an undetermined length of time. I went ahead and downloaded it just in case I end up Swypeless down the road....
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    I hope they put it in the market, but whether it will cost or not is too early to say.

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6
    I lost my trial version of swype beta yesterday, so had to scramble for another alternative. Downloaded a app from the market called SlideIt, and worked ok. But, I got a email last night from swype with the download links to the final beta. And now the final version might be ready, sweet. Love this app.

Golfinger no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile SlideIT - Absolute Genius Keyboard

Also thought I would mention SlideIT, which is a replacement keyboard similar to Swype and is available on the market as a free trial and a paid app. I actually prefer SlideIT to Swype (and the fact that I don't have to jump through stupid beta signup hoops to get the .apk file...) Works on all Android versions, give it a shot.
    Here's a demonstration of it in action:

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Looks very similar to swipe and shapewriter but I will try it out. I have 5 touch keyboards installed on my DROID, but Swype is the one I use the most.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

riffman no está en línea Stack Professional
    Yea - Swype came on my new Vibrant, so maybe I'll "forget the rest"- ps- nice to be back- Chris
    Samsung Vibrant, OS2.1
    " I do many things well- none of which generate income"
    - riffman