I wanted to send myself a file over Bluetooth so I open my settings to ... Android Smartphones forum

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5

surprise surprise!...my phones not working...AGAIN!!!

Advertisement

I wanted to send myself a file over Bluetooth so I open my settings to turn it on and guess what...after half a second the settings screen closes/crashes, so I try again and again and again and again*100 and it just keeps closing, I couldnt turn my Bluetooth on. gee a stock app crashing thats new to me. then I have problems with the stock play store app. I click and click an app and all it does is go blue (indicates it's been clicked) and never opens , but as soon as I click the app below the selected one it opens immediately.

what do you recommend i do, besides going to a mental hospital because this phone is making me go crazy ? to close the contract will cost R2400.00 (you can get a prepaid lumia 520 for that price). I could pay off the contract and get a new device as it may save me hundreds of thousands of rands in mental institution fees but that is already covered by medical aid. Sigh...I'm so tired of factory resets...what do I do ?

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Play store - settings/apps/all. Play services, play store, Google framework - clear data on all, reboot.

Went into settings --> applications --> all -> bluetooth share - and clear all data
    Went into settings --> applications --> all --> Bluetooth Test - and clear all data

Try that for Bluetooth.

KTW
    thanks Cooley, and what do I do about my stock settings app that crashes all the time ?

what do you recommend ?

Throwing it against a wall and never buying HTC again should solve hour problem.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    You are finding out ALL android apps don't play we'll on ALL android devices.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

KTW
    but these are the stock apps were talking about.

I suppose due to the fact that my device is still under warranty the best option would be to send it in for repair...AGAIN!!!! perhaps I can negotiate with virgin to give me a new device because it just cant be fixed. but there is one good thing though...I'm learning patience and perseverance. in the long run it could help me tolerate buggy Androids...I could become amuned to buggy devices.

smyross no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi, Scan you device through updated antivirus and reboot.....

KTW
    I did and no malware detected. it looks like this is the end of the line for me. a new phone is inevitable.

rosemerry no está en línea Stack level 1
    Buying a new one is good idea

KTW
    sorry I forgot about this thread, I found the problematic app causing all my problems and uninstalled it , my phone is fine now.