I'm thinking of doing a test drive of the Incredible. I am on BIS with ... Android Smartphones forum

IHateMyTreo no está en línea Stack level 3

Storm to Incredible: E-mail Advice For the Switch?

Advertisement

I'm thinking of doing a test drive of the Incredible. I am on BIS with my Storm, so how will it work with Android? Just enter the in and outgoing server info (as I did with BIS)? Or does everything have to run through Gmail now (which I don't and can't use for business mail)?

Tried to find the leaked Incredible manual but it may have been taken down.

Thanks!

IHateMyTreo no está en línea Stack level 3
    The Incredible is amazing. Blows away the Storm. Browser blazes. Video and camera look like HD. Apps galore.

Native email app is just OK and would not sync with my IMAP mail server. K-9 is much better, but had issues of not auto-filling recipients, requiring latest developer d/l.
    Needed to also d/l HTC Sync app from the HTC International support site (not shipped with the phone and not up on the US site), which DOES sync Outlook contacts and calendar via USB. No Google cloud concerns now.

Screen is spectacular...indoors. Even a cloudy sky will wash it out.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Congrats and welcome to Android. Very nice handset you have there. Quick apps for you, AppBrain : makes searching the market easy and you can search it on PC. Google sky map: because it is awesome! Astro File manager. Astrid is a good task widget but I use Gtasks because it syncs with Google Tasks. All I can think of right now to get you started.