Just got a Sonyericsson M600i and to my surprise. The BB connect is pre-installed on ... Android Smartphones forum

cychan no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2046E248

Sonyericsson ship BB Connect pre-install on their M600i

Advertisement

Just got a Sonyericsson M600i and to my surprise. The BB connect is pre-installed on the M600i and also working. What I just need to do is goto the BB Web Client and change the PIN and IMIE no. and everything works.
    The BB connect on the M600i only for E-mail with no others functions. If you need to use the browser. It go back to normal GPRS access. ( In Hong Kong, the Blackberry access has a different charging scheme.)

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

ffmike no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    21C0D135

Re: Sonyericsson ship BB Connect pre-install on their M600i

Cool, thanks for the info! are you using this n a BES?

knights no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by cychan
    Just got a Sonyericsson M600i and to my surprise. The BB connect is pre-installed on the M600i and also working. What I just need to do is goto the BB Web Client and change the PIN and IMIE no. and everything works.
    The BB connect on the M600i only for E-mail with no others functions. If you need to use the browser. It go back to normal GPRS access. ( In Hong Kong, the Blackberry access has a different charging scheme.)
    Hi cychan,

how does it compare with using a pure BB unit particularly the Suretype keyboard? i guess it's pretty similar with 7100 series in terms of keyboard layout, and i'm curious to know if how's the learning curve issues and usefullness.

Marc_SE no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

I've just started using a 7100x today (had it for less than 24 hours so far). Havinf come from using a M600i with the BB client on it, I can say it's very different. I'm so used to the keyboard layout of the M600i and have to admit that it's taking me sometime to get used to the 7100x layout, esp with punctuation and such. I definitely find the keyboard on my M600i (and P990i) alot easier to use... although I;m sure that with further use I will get used to the 7100x.

My simfree M600i didn't have the client pre-loaded, so had to find it myself. A friend of mine tried introducing me to PIN messaging. I've established that you can RECEIVE the messages on the M600i, but there is no way SEND a message back.

Not sure if there are any plans to update the client to introduce Blackberry Messenger aka PIN messaging in the future. It would definitely be a bonus IMO.