Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Originally Posted by Mark Stone Nope, timed. 1/2 second on the menu button brings up ... Android Smartphones forum

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone View Post
    Nope, timed. 1/2 second on the menu button brings up active apps. Probably not . . . . Calendar? BlackBerry. Native PIM apps? BlackBerry. Keyboard? BlackBerry. Security? BlackBerry. Alarm Clock Sleep Mode? BlackBerry. Password keeper? BlackBerry. Screen Visibility in sunlight? BlackBerry. Physical build? Depends on which Android you're looking at. Screen size? Android. Availability of usable apps? Tie. Availability of stupid apps? Android. Device can be used without Data Plan? BlackBerry. Smartphone that the CEO of Google (maker of Android) uses? BlackBerry.

Yes, at the corporate level RIM has missed their opportunity to launch newer, innovative devices with newer OS's, however that doesn't change the fact that their products are patently superior in many ways to the competition. I've done too many side-by-side comparisons between smartphones through the years to be fooled by the BB inferiority hype. However, they're not very good at being toys - and that's what sells these days. [/COLOR]
    Dam these guys are good !

Quote Originally Posted by KTW View Post
    But he forgot battery pull....
    Battery pulls on BlackBerry have not been an issue since September of 2009 with the introduction of the 9700 Bold. My current 9780 has never had a battery pull, and I've been using it for 11 months.
    ...as well as benchmarks
    Name them? What benchmarks, covering what areas, performed by whom, which devices were "benchmarked", and at what time?
    not to mention the article "why your black berry may be buggy" thats my favorite article on ps
    That article is opinion, which I respect but do not agree with
    as for business phone ? Sorry mark....that title goes to windows phone due to the office suit
    How would you know? I thought you were using Android. The Office Suite (not "suit") is very good but does not define an entire device. Your belief is that a single suite of apps makes a phone better, but it is only that - a single app. It's like saying that a desktop computer is superior because it has a certain word processor. However, in almost every PIM application BlackBerry is easier to use than Windows Phone. BlackBerry is by far the best electronic PDA, especially now that Palm is gone. Windows Phone is specifically tailored for social networking and multimedia because, frankly, that's what sells phones these days.
    But i will say...you did a great job defending bb
    The problem with BlackBerry is they are continuing to market a device that the majority of smartphone users are not interested in. The company has not realized that, and is suffering. However, the devices themselves are extremely well made, and in many areas very far ahead of other brands. This opinion is not just mine, it is consensus across the industry. I would agree that BlackBerry needs to launch a device or devices that have larger screens, specialize in social networking, and have better camera/video capabilities in order to become competitive in the market again, however their current smartphones are very high in quality and usability. Although my personal use of a smartphone is not representative of most people's use of a smartphone, BlackBerry does what I need much better than other platforms.
    jfcooley and KTW like this.

KTW
    Grrrrrrr.....what can i say iv got no leg to stand on

I can't believe it! I've been gunned down by a bb user.....NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Maday! Maday! Airport Droid I'm going down....I've lost all engines and falling at a rapid rate....CODE BLUE! CODE BLUE

AIRPORT DROID I'VE DECIDED TO MAKE A CRASH LANDING...TO ALL PASENGERS...BRACE FOR IMPACT !.....CRASH BOOOM....OW THAT HURT !

REPORT DROID DO YOU COPY!? I SUFFER MAJOR INJURIES.

Congrats Mark...you are the first bb user to successfully destroy me.

Tooshay
    Mark Stone likes this.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Your phonetic spelling is killing me, KTW!
    Delfim, Mark Stone and KTW like this.

KTW
    Battery pulls on BlackBerry have not been an issue since September of 2009 with the introduction of the 9700 Bold. My current 9780 has never had a battery pull, and I've been using it for 11 months.Name them? What benchmarks, covering what areas, performed by whom, which devices were "benchmarked", and at what time?That article is opinion, which I respect but do not agree withHow would you know? I thought you were using Android. The Office Suite (not "suit") is very good but does not define an entire device. Your belief is that a single suite of apps makes a phone better, but it is only that - a single app. It's like saying that a desktop computer is superior because it has a certain word processor. However, in almost every PIM application BlackBerry is easier to use than Windows Phone. BlackBerry is by far the best electronic PDA, especially now that Palm is gone. Windows Phone is specifically tailored for social networking and multimedia because, frankly, that's what sells phones these days.The problem with BlackBerry is they are continuing to market a device that the majority of smartphone users are not interested in. The company has not realized that, and is suffering. However, the devices themselves are extremely well made, and in many areas very far ahead of other brands. This opinion is not just mine, it is consensus across the industry. I would agree that BlackBerry needs to launch a device or devices that have larger screens, specialize in social networking, and have better camera/video capabilities in order to become competitive in the market again, however their current smartphones are very high in quality and usability. Although my personal use of a smartphone is not representative of most people's use of a smartphone, BlackBerry does what I need much better than other platforms.
    I agree with you on everything you said but all this only applies when the bb is actually working.

Congrats Mark...you have the only working bb ever made, look after it! Never sell it! It's a collectors item!

Sorry Mark, I had to save myself from the burning wreckage and fortunately I found that bullet to return fire. Believe me my friend...I only did this so that i wouldn't become Swiss cheese...and don't forget that BIS and BBM were down for 3 days

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    <sigh>
    Stop provoking. This is like watching a midget try to break down a brick wall in underpants with a nerf bat.
    Delfim and Mark Stone like this.

KTW
    Ok let's get to the original purpose of this thread

Any one tried holding down all three buttons simultaneously ? What response do you get ?

KTW and jfcooley, I can't stop laughing. Your responses made my day - I love PinStack.
    KTW likes this.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by KTW View Post
    Ok let's get to the original purpose of this thread

Any one tried holding down all three buttons simultaneously ? What response do you get ?
    The 3 buttons caused a problem.
    I couldn't figure out which fingers to use...

KTW and jfcooley, I can't stop laughing. Your responses made my day - I love PinStack.

Glad to give a chuckle. Been rough day, knowing I made someone chuckle makes it better.

KTW
    Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    The 3 buttons caused a problem.
    I couldn't figure out which fingers to use...
    Ya ...never taught of that

Try the two pointing fingers on one hand an the thumb on the other.

KTW
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    <sigh>
    Stop provoking. This is like watching a midget try to break down a brick wall in underpants with a nerf bat.
    That ain't a bat...that's a bazooka!

Hasta la vista baby!!!

In spanish it means till we meet again but I was just using it for effect.

Son, you ain't right.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    "Pop" your "son" is incorrigible...
    It's a case of letting go.

KTW
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    Son, you ain't right.

Son?!....I'm like twice your age....your 50 something years old right ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast