Might not have that right but I see where some androids have a mode that ... Android Smartphones forum

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4

So what is easy mode?

Advertisement

Might not have that right but I see where some androids have a mode that they say makes the phone easier to use. Only had a samsung tab 2 and didn't really like it so I never used it and that is why I wonder if I would even like a phone on this platform. If I'm going to use a phone for more then a phone I think something with a screen like the note 2 or the soon to be out note 3 would be a better way to use the internet on the go. But if I can't figure out the basics on the phone I would not like it. Since my only use of android was the tab 2 I was not forced to figure it out.
    Well after reading that need to state my questions. What is this easy mode (if that is what it is called)? And does it really work?

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Only easy mode I'm aware of is Samsung's mode for the home screen. Doesn't really do much.

There's not really anything to worry about. I'm guessing your experience was with either Gingerbread or Honeycomb. Forget them. Jellybean is a different beast.

Telling you how good the experience is would be difficult given the different ui overlays. Stock android is the best in my opinion. However Samsung has made touchwiz fairlyveasy to use now, as well as there are always apps that change things to the way you may want.

All ya gotta do is ask

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Yeah it works. It just really dumbs down the phone. It's like a separate launcher with big buttons and very limited functions. It's kind of a beginner mode...and for old people.

lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

What Cat said. I root right away and get rid of touchwiz.
    I don't think its the easy you're looking for though.

It wasn't with jellybean I know that. I like to be able to change things on the phone but like I said with the tab it seemed like things were too hard to figure out. One of the biggest things I don't like about this Nokia 1020 is the lack of being able to change the tones for text and emails. Just seems like to basic of a thing to be able to do and windows doesn't let us. Had a offer to trade this 1020 for a note 2 but with the 3 coming out I might have to wait and just sell the 1020. Just hate to waste an upgrade if I'm not going to like the OS

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    B you won't be wasting an upgrade. Take the plunge I know you will like it. You can start in easy mode for a few days then you'll want to get out of that and start playing around a little. If you start to get confused you can just easily switch back to easy mode. Go for it. You'll love it and we're here to help you along.

lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Jay and Cat are both all over this but I'll through my 2 cents in. Even if you don't root right away most new devices are running the Bean. JB is on the other side of the world compared to Gingerbread or Touchwiz in my opinion. Moving around and working with stock Rom's will be a piece of cake for you cause I know you are savvy. Like Jay said just ask, the answer is only a question away.

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

Assigning ringtones is a given. You could even make your own one device. I use a blackberry tone for SMS......

Given what you use it for I think that the 3 would be a good choice. If you could get ahold of a device just to play with for a day or two.

I'll help any way I can. Just tell me what you need.

Cool guys, Going to think about it and see what looks better. It would be sweet if we could take what we think is the best for each devise and make the perfect phone but that will never happen. We all like different things and for different reasons. The camera is pretty sweet on this 1020 and I will miss it but just too many things I don't like about windows phone

You need to win that S4....