Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RogerG

I did a factory reset (needed to fix a major issue on the device and ... Android Smartphones forum

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5

Snappea appears to have backfired. please help

Advertisement

I did a factory reset (needed to fix a major issue on the device and it did) on a family members gs2 after convincing them that I could easily plug the device up to the pc and get all data back using snappea as a backup was not done so long ago.

so I connect the device and I see that snappea is running a back up again...so I thought it was putting all the data back in the phone...but to my horror...it appears that it deleted all data on the computer that the phone did not have. so many of the phone numbers can't be restored including the most important ones that ow big money that are not on file. (family investment)

but what I really really need to do is get all this lost data back.
    I've already contacted the developer but no reply.

please, if anyone is out there and knows what to do...please help

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.1; en-us; SGH-T999 Build/JRO03L) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Ugh. I'm afraid there's not a lot that can be done at this point, unless the contacts happen to also be in Google.

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5
    don't worry after a while I eventually found the file on the computer. its some strange fileformat I've never heard of before. but all is solved. thanks

but incase something like this happens again...you mentioned Google...how can they help ?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Create a gmail account, then have them import their contacts into Google. Then all you do whenever you change devices, or factory reset is set up your Gmail account on the new device and sync your Google contacts. Any time you create a new contact, do it through your Google contacts so it's always out there and available.

Sounds like Snap Pea worked as advertised, though.
    KTW likes this.