Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I am looking for a good smartphone preferable not a blackberry because I already have ... Android Smartphones forum

samrozzi no está en línea Stack level 2

smartphone for tmobile

Advertisement

I am looking for a good smartphone preferable not a blackberry because I already have one. I have the pearl. It must work on the Tmobile network.

any suggestions?

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    y would you want anything but a berry?
    I've used a couple of other ones I just don't like windows mobile. but that's just me
    I think I liked the Q the best but it's still no berry. Actually I don't even know if that will work for t-mobile...

hmmmm....
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

any suggestions?

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    What are you looking for in a smartphone (first question that should always be asked because any other suggestions don't matter if it doesn't meet that answer)?

Zo

well good texting.

maybe GPS? wifi?

jcon249679 no está en línea Stack level 2
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~the tmobile dash is a good one made by htc windows mobile wifi full keyboard

anyphone with gps?

also what about the sidekick?

blacktouch007 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7B30C2E9
    Quote Originally Posted by samrozzi View Post
    also what about the sidekick?
    The sidekick isn't really a smartphone. Its smartphone like. If you want that.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Sidekick is good if you want texting but none of them offer GPS, Wi-Fi, or mapping capabilities.

All the HTC devices on T-Mobile have Wi-Fi but I don't think any of them do UMA or have GPS, I will confirm both of those after I post this.

The Dash is a good unit for a non-touchscreen unit. No moving parts so less to go wrong but it is extremely sensitive to being dropped (LCD breaks easily).

Shadow is a nice unit with a "suretype" (not sure what they call it lol) style keyboard. It is a slider with memory card on the side of the upper slide. It's weak point is that it is a slider. The screws in the slide mechanism have been known to back out and cause the flex cable to get cut.

The Wing is a great touchscreen unit (especially compared to it's predesecors (sp?)). Of course as with any touchscreen, there is a lot of real estate to get damaged on the screen itself but we have seen fewer wing's with broken LCD's than most of the other HTC units out there. The software appears stable (or as stable as windows mobile can be).

Zo.

According to the specs from my sources, none of them have GPS or support UMA.
    Last edited by Amigotek; 09-09-2008 at 08:16 PM.

bready no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2446C5F4
    I have a Tmobile Dash. I loved the phone... until I dropped it (cracked the LCD). I have seen my other phones survive worse falls, so if you get a Tmob Dash I suggest protecting it really well.

Now in the market for another blackberry

hmm well what are some other good phones? i like my BB just want a substitute. i like the look of the blackjack. but i heard it wont work on tmobile?

ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro
    Dude, you posted another thread with the same subject 2 days ago. IMO, that's like mommy saying no and you hope daddy will say what you want to hear.

On a more productive note, keep in mind that this is a Blackberry forum, so we may be a little biased . Go check out some other forums that deal with the phones you've got to choose from. HowardForums would be a good place to start, they've got forums on pretty much every phone you can think of.

Good luck!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

corlissak no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204D9084
    maybe the tmobile wing. ive never had one but it looks cool
    ~Strong Believer in Karma~

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Tmo is rumored to release the 1st smart phone with google's new os (android)! looks like something special!! I hope so because I hate the flip BB! Im leaving tmo if android isnt great! The last great phone they released was the curve over a year ago!!! thats just too long to wait! The Javelin would've been right on time, but unfortunately their focus is elsewhere!
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast