Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The shots are indeed not bad at all, ill give more effort on trying the ... Android Smartphones forum

PIN/ID
    AskMe

Advertisement

The shots are indeed not bad at all, ill give more effort on trying the camera and report back.

As i was saying in the podcast, i dont really use cameras in phones because i do SLR photography.

bofeity no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hey guys... I am thinking I might like the G1 more than my BB... I have an 8900... but the G1 just seems so... sexy? I tried one out but I am not sure I want to go out on the ledge just yet... AHHhhhh help.....

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I'm going to say, try it.

Because if you do Pros and Cons, the G1 is definitely in the Cons. The device itself while nice is nothing close to the class of the 8900.
    But the OS is just A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.

Now if you LIKE the look of the G1 as per your post, then GO FOR IT !!
    I am personally putting up with the unprofessional look of the G1 because i'm in love with Android.

bofeity no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yeah the look.. and the weight.. but for the same price ($25/mo) I would get getting 3G instead of EDGE and a bigger more pleasant web browsing experience. I have to say that blackberry definitely has it down in the looks department.

My thing is that I am not a huge push emailer. I only have 2 emails that get pushed and 1 of those is GMAIL! Granted, BB's email is great but if I had a huge demand for more emails, I think it would be more of a fit.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Ok so let me answer your concerns :

Gmail is faster to be pushed on the G1 than it ever was on any of my BB on BB servers. Also the Email interface is great and HTML looks just as good as the HTML email on the iPhone.

Web experience is phenomenal, as i said before picture the iPhone web experience but with a physical keyboard AND a trackball at your disposition. Granted the on-screen keyboard is missing but its already been 100% confirmed that its coming in the next Android Cupcake update.

And for 3G I always thought EDGE was enough and 3G is not a necessity to me (well it is but only for my 3G usb stick).

So if youre willing to put up with the look of the G1 (and having said that i dont think its ugly lol. If i had a white one id be ALL OVER IT) GO FOR IT !!

ps: anybody wants to get me a white one and ill send them a 24hours old Black unlocked jailbroken one ? lol

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by bofeity View Post
    Yeah the look.. and the weight.. but for the same price ($25/mo) I would get getting 3G instead of EDGE and a bigger more pleasant web browsing experience. I have to say that blackberry definitely has it down in the looks department.

My thing is that I am not a huge push emailer. I only have 2 emails that get pushed and 1 of those is GMAIL! Granted, BB's email is great but if I had a huge demand for more emails, I think it would be more of a fit.

The biggest downside coming from a Curve will appear to be the batt life, but just as with the camera, its all about how you use the G1! if you're not surfing the net, streaming media, or DL something, cut off 3g or it will drain the batt faster. Same for GPS & etc. Its about taking time to learn the phone to maximize your experience with it because its very different from a BB. Personally...I see no major flaws with my G1. If its not the best phone out, its definitely the best on TMO. I mean...i just transfered a 89mb video file from my laptop to my G1 without a usb cable!!!ALL WIRELESS!! Took a few min. & of course it does this with any file on my PC!! How could I live without that now???
    Last edited by rdills; 02-20-2009 at 12:26 PM.
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12