I was at the mall today and saw people with sidekick 3's. Everytime i see ... Android Smartphones forum

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

Sidekick 3= A ton of laughs

Advertisement

I was at the mall today and saw people with sidekick 3's. Everytime i see someone with one I just laugh, I can't help it. I also think to myself haha you have a piece of crap that could break a window(don't know where I got that from lol) becuase the thing is so BIG. I also think wow the pearl could beat that thing in the first second of a test. If this makes sense then good. I hope that made sense and comments are welcome!

GP

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Sidekick 3= A ton of laughs

Different strokes for Different Folks, huh GP?

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

...ok?

I prescribe ritalin.

dwagman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by blackninja
    ...ok?

I prescribe ritalin.
    maybe a sedative instead???

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

I wonder what the processor for SK3 is - never looked it up. The BB Pearl and 8800 have xscale 312mhz... that's pretty slow IMO.

edit: just looked it up: arm 200mhz
    Last edited by cliffr39; 03-04-2007 at 09:50 PM.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by GotPearl?
    I was at the mall today and saw people with sidekick 3's. Everytime i see someone with one I just laugh, I can't help it. I also think to myself haha you have a piece of crap that could break a window(don't know where I got that from lol) becuase the thing is so BIG. I also think wow the pearl could beat that thing in the first second of a test. If this makes sense then good. I hope that made sense and comments are welcome!

GP
    Your post made sense. However you should actually see one up close.

It's not big at all. I have one and it's thinner than my other SideKicks. Fits in the palm of my hand closed (just like my Pearl).
    It's durable also (have not dropped it yet. I just bought it yesterday, just like my Pearl.
    Keypad is much better. Not the rubbery, slippery keys from before.
    Processor (OS 3.1; Firmware 0.2.1; Recovery ROM 8:3.0; Library 3.1; Build Configuration TMO m2). Much faster than previous 'Kicks.
    Bluetooth enabled (for headsets, carkits and VCard contact info).
    Better system sounds.
    Customizable backgrounds.
    Apps I couldn't find on BlackBerry.
    AIM, MSN and Yahoo are separate, not bundled (these are found under the Instant Messaging section).
    Organizer (now holds the Calendar, Notes and To Do List).
    1.3 Megapixel camera.
    MP3 player.
    Airplane mode (turn off wireless when in a hospital or on an airplane).
    Trackball (in addition to the D Pad) lights up according to alerts for messages (voicemail, text, IM, email) and makes navigation easier than D Pad.
    Easy navigation (UI).
    New colors (outside of phone is black and silver. Numeric keypad for calling is blue. All other keys are black still)
    Send/End Call keys stay lit.
    Limited Edition designed devices (Started with the Juicy Couture and Mr Cartoon SK2's. D-Wade, Limited Research Group and Diane Von Forstenberg designed LE SK3's).
    Desktop Interface thru mytmobile.com.

The only thing it still lacks is the ability to send and receive videos but it can send and receive pictures.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

they are really cool, but I will never buy one. They are just too "toyish" IMO, even though the price-tag says otherwise lol.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

They do have a fun "cool" side and may be considered that but I will be using mine for a serious purpose related to my college degree and future employment. They are popular in the Deaf/Hard of Hearing community and most sign language interpreters use them to contact Deaf/HOH people using the Sprint IP-Relay and i711 Relay applications that allow Deaf people to use a cell phone.

Cliffr, I had to haggle to get the deal I got on mine yesterday. First store I went to wanted $475 (highway robbery) WITH NO CONTRACT EXTENSION (the sales rep I argued with didn't even try to see what was up with the broken USB port since the phone was out of warranty). Then she had me get on the phone with Assurion who wouldn't cover the replacement because the SIM card I use was originally used in my Pearl (I am sim swapping between the 2). Walked out of that T-Mo store with no SK3.

Second store I went to...SUCCESS. I was able to get the SK3 for $300 and a contract extension. The sales rep I spoke to there knew some sign LOL Although he didn't even touch the SK2 either, he attached the wrist strap, and inserted the Micro SD card for me (I told him I was a little uncomfortable doing that LOL), and put the phone in the case before I left.

trigga15 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21655FFB

i think sk3 is ok but the screen quality sucks compared to the pearl

blkw0lf no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E011CF

I bought one from Ebay and ended up being highly disappointed.
    The phone itself is very nice, with a great keyboard etc. The problem is, the manufacture and vendors have the phones locked down so tight that it's impossible to use them except for the original branded telco they were made for.

I ended up purchasing an "unlocked" sharp hiptop 3 (sk3 for a Canadian telco), and while the phone portion works just fine with my T-Mobile account, there is no way to unlock the data side to allow it to run on tmob let alone any other provider.

Ended up wasting a few hundred bucks, simply because I didn't understand that particular feature.

So now I have two blackberry pearls which I'm more than happy with, and as far as I understand (correct me if I'm wrong) I should have no problem moving them to cingular or another provider later on and still have full data access.

Yeah I got into a verbal fight with someone last year on BB Messenger who swore that the SK data could be unlocked to work on Cingular (the phone can but not the data). It started when he asked me if I was still selling the broken Color SideKick I had (and still have. I decided to keep it after this incident).

I thought I had him shut up when I said Cingular does not have the desktop interface that T-Mobile has (remember, I'm on my 4th SK. This person obviously has not had one or either it was his first). When THAT didn't work, I deleted him as a contact.