Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

LAndroid is great. It has the flexibility to fit you. BB, they are great phones, ... Android Smartphones forum

PIN/ID
    Apple

Advertisement

LAndroid is great. It has the flexibility to fit you. BB, they are great phones, I kinda miss them but I've grown real accustomed to touch screen devices and have gotten proficient at typing on them. It does take some practice and time. Plus some patience. BB has a lot to offer, like del said they are really well adapted to the business world yet I find that my nexus is almost as equal. There are things that my BB does or I should say how it goes about doing it that are better than android for my business but nothing that a little change and an extra click (or touch) doesn't do. I really think that android is going to be a big player in the mobile world seeing as Google has gotten involved in the handset market. Since your not really going to be using it as much of a business phone I think your decision to go to android is a good one. I will say this. If you can stand it for another few months it might be with waiting to see what apple brings out. Crazy how PINstack has grown into (IMO) the best,most professional forum since all our members are repectful of others and can give points from all sides. This is truly why I pay to be apart of this. I'm sure you will enjoy your handset what ever it may be and as always, you will have the stacks to give advice and answer any questions.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Nexus One Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

cyberpyr8 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Now that I have my Android phone up and running on Exchange (via Touchdown and ActiveSync) and have started to get better at typing on the touch screen I will not likely go back to a Blackberry. I love the apps that are available for it and the flexibility it offers. I have the phone automatically set itself to different sound profiles based on the time of day. It has GPS apps that allow make looking for things around you much easier.

I think that the size of the phone is better than the 8900. It doesn't feel so wide but being able to go landscape really helps. It really is a superior phone as well. The sound quality is great and the volume levels are loud enough to hear in noisy environments. Overall I am very happy with this phone after being a hard core BB user for years. I would say that it could take a week or two to adjust but once you do I think that you will be very happy with the Droid.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I would totally second that. Go android. My sister comes from a line of winmo sucky craptastic phones and to tell you the truth you're way better off with an android device. Don't go winmo. I've seen her go through hell and it's not a pretty sight at all
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

galarson no está en línea Stack level 1
    I used a Pearl with Verizon for the last 2 year contract, and didn't have any of the problems with it that some people seemed to have. In fact, I fell in love with BB, and was dead set on upgrading to a Storm 2. Until I went to the Verizon store. The guy talked me right out of a BB, and right into a Motorola Devour (complete with Motoblur). He even talked my Wife into getting a Droid! We have been experimenting with them the past few weeks, and so far really like them both! I occasionally still have BB withdrawls and BB Anxiety attacks (not too severe, don't worry), but I think I'm going to hang onto this phone and see where it goes. I love all the apps you can get for it, and it's pretty nice having a full touch screen, with the option of a slide out QWERTY. Plus you can still social network, and email sync, so there's no loss there. I guess I'd say the only thing I miss about the BB is being able to skin it. Maybe it's because I'm new to Android, but I haven't figured out a way to theme it quite like you could the BB, but it makes up for it in functionality!

On a side note, I liked the Devour over the Droid for the sturdier casing it has, however, consider that it's flash free, and has a slightly smaller processor and microSD support. Neither have seemed to be an issue as of yet, though! Anyways, I look forward to learning more about this new-fangled device, and I think my BB feelings may subside sooner as opposed to later!

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F
    I gave up my BB8830 for an iphone 3G, no complaints there, and put the iphone away for a bit to try the moto droid. Again no complaints, if your on a gsm carrier, then upgrading to a android device isn't an issue, you can always swap out the SIM back to the BB. The 8520 is sweet too.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESD56) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

BiggieMack25 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Thx for all the input. I think I will upgrade to Android. BB fix will be there when I want it so that's a plus. Keep chugging along and thanks for your honest opinions.....

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    I have a Samsung Omnia i8000, iPhone 3G 8GB, and a bold 9700, I still can't pull my self from the bb, there is so much there, its fast, has wifi(like I need it) gets killer batt life and the screen ain't bad either, If I were to pull away I think I would get an Android phone, WINMO sucks bad, even when u take all the touch flo or touch wiz off of it, and the iphone can't multi-task as well.

@BHP77 - I agree about the PinStack comment, it is the best site out there for this kind of info, keeps me comming back.......now I need more time!
    "good things come to tho's who wait"

visionthing no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    Is there a store in USA that one can go look at the Nexus One? After playing on my wifes Mytouch I can only imagine how great the Nexus can be. Its time for me to end my hopes for blackberry to sort out their browser and other problems.

Thanks in advance

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Sorry, there aren't any stores that carry it or have a demo to try as of yet.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    I did it today... ordered Nexus One... hope it ships overnight so I can have it in the AM! Does Google work on the weekend?

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Lol. You'll have it Tuesday. Great phone and welcome to the world of possibilities. Going to love that nexus. Let ne know if you gave any ?, just send me a pm.

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    Quote Originally Posted by BHP77 View Post
    Lol. You'll have it Tuesday. Great phone and welcome to the world of possibilities. Going to love that nexus. Let ne know if you gave any ?, just send me a pm.
    thank you... im very excited for the arrival... been watching youtube unboxing vids to see what im in for.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    The Google Channel has great videos also.

http://www.youtube.com/google

OK......... I DID IT!! I upgraded to Moto Cliq XT... Cant wait.........obsessing about what I can do with this bad boy! I feel bad for my poor little BB 8100 Pearl tho... It looks sad . Time to move on, my dependable friend, time to move on......

Thank you all for your help and insight in this decision. I know, with your help, I made a very good decision. Props to you all. Wish I could up all of your trust levels a few points.....
    Biggie Mack 25
    ....I can see my house from here.....

Mods- If you want to close this thread, be my guest...... Thanks
    Biggie Mack 25
    ....I can see my house from here.....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast