Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Hello all I've been a loyal Blackberry user for the last seven or eight years ... Android Smartphones forum

BiggieMack25 no está en línea Stack level 3

Should I stay (with Blackberry) or should I go (with Android)?

Advertisement

Hello all

I've been a loyal Blackberry user for the last seven or eight years and a Stacker for the last two. Although I will still have my work BB (8300) I will be due for an upgrade credit with my personal service (BB8120). I am truly satisfied with both BB's but I am also very curious about the Android system and its capabilities. Can anyone out ther in the Land of Stacks give a quick summary of Android benefits as opposed to my reliable BB and its proven system? Thanks all

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Speaking of the Devil. I have some thoughts on this topic here. While I can't comment on Android yet b/c I don't own one yet (which i will) I can say it was very hard for me to give up my Blackberry. I finally did and I've been very happy.

In the end the only way you will know is to try something else and see for yourself. Don't be afraid to try something new. After all you can always return to what you know best and say "I tried" and found I like the Blackberry best.

It's ok to wonder a little bit when smart phones are the topic. Android is certainly on the right track and does have a bright future.

tackdetack no está en línea Stack level 4
    I gave up my bb for an iphone and I couldnt be happier. I had a bb for both office and personal use and with my iphone i can get alot more done and alot faster. cant comment on the android cause i also dont own one, but the user experience should be so much better than that on a bb
    -You don't need eyes to see, You need Vision.

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    I threw my BB to the curb for iPhone, and couldnt be happier, but if I could get my hands on a Droid, Id do the same.

iLord is DEAD!

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    Go for the android... Im soon to make the switch myself. Just waiting for a qwerty keyboard android phone on ATT so I dont have to pay cancellation.
    I'm a born again Androider

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I gave up my BBs and went for a Moto Droid and I really love this phone! But PinStack moderator, ModernCowboy tried a Droid for a few weeks, decided he liked his BB better and sold the Droid.

What are some of the things you need and love most about your BB? What are the things you have heard about Android that intrigue you? Answering these can help us give you better answers.

Ask lots of questions, but realize so many answers are based on that users preference and experience. Spend a lot of time at your carrier store playing with Android devices, testing features, finding your way around the OS, looking at menu options etc.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I'd love to try out a Droid. Maybe I can check one out if TMO and ATT get the Milestone.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    I'd love to try out a Droid. Maybe I can check one out if TMO and ATT get the Milestone.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16
    Announced today, ATT to get the Moto BackFlip on March 7th

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-pho...tobackflip.jsp
    I'm a born again Androider

btompkins0112 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I dropped BB about two months ago and went to an HTC Pure, and I haven't regretted the move for a minute. I feel that I can respond to your question because I also run Android Eclair on my Pure and I love the OS! I can say that I like both the WinMo and Android OS's better than the BB for multiple reasons.

When the SE Xperia x10 comes out on at&t I will be there the first day to pick mine up!!

pkcable no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask via
    Since you are going to get to keep your work BB, IF you get an Android for your personal device, you could have the best of both worlds. You could also do this with your work BB and a WinMo device like the Touch Pro 2, or the iphone (if you don't mind ATT)
    Rich C.
    Twitter me @ http://twitter.com/pkcable

Reinstall Your OS on a Bricked BB Click here

cyberpyr8 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have used several BB's (7280, 8700, 8100, 8320, 8520 and 8900) for several years now and I loved my 8900. I just got the myTouch 3G Fender edition last week. I love it and dislike it all at the same time! I love the screen, the software and capabilities that it has over the BB. The browser and You Tube videos look and work great on it. The size and weight are much more like the Pearl and the sound quality on it is much better than the BB's ever were. The app store has a lot of apps and I have found several that I really like. That's what I love.

What I dislike is the virtual keyboard (I am getting better with it but it is slower than the BB keyboard) and the fact that Exchange Email is a pain to get working too. If I had web mail at work running so that it was publicly accessible it wouldn't have been an issue. But since we don't I am having to set all of that up. The sound settings are not as simple to configure and the battery life can be an issue if you don't watch what you are running.

I really like my myTouch and I am not ready to switch back yet. If I can get Exchange running I will definitely not look back. It is a great phone and you can see the potential the Android platform has.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    @ cyberpyr8,

"Touchdown" is your solution for that exchange mail. Its in the market and it will cost you, but its worth it if thats what you need for work. Check out the 5 day free trial first.
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    I was hardcore blackberry for a while. I used and still own an 8130 for about a year and then I bought a 9530 which I loved. It was my first touchscreen device. I loved those phones to no end. I had them fully outfitted with otterboxes and the works. Then my buddy, that turned me on to blackberry in the first place, said he was getting an HTC Hero. Well, I spent some time playing with his phone once he got it. Needless to say, I've got a Hero now too.

The only thing I regret leaving behind is my BBM and Poynt. I used both of those a lot. If Android gets a Poynt style app then that will be one less regret. I've looked all over the market for something similar and nothing I found could compare to the BB Poynt app. And by all means if someone reading this knows of something similar that I haven't seen, please let me know.
    because we are amorphous, we hold that in reverence~ Tite Kubo

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I saw that. But, the specs are kind of middle of the road.

Quote Originally Posted by jzarowitz View Post
    Announced today, ATT to get the Moto BackFlip on March 7th

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-pho...tobackflip.jsp

monuman no está en línea Stack level 1
    I've been a Blackberry user for so many years. I switched to the MyTouch then to the Nexus One.
    The Android OS is not quite there yet but definitely around the corner. Just like the Iphone, it took quite sometime to perfect the OS. I miss some of my BB apps like Poynt and BBM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast