Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By RogerG
  • 1 Post By Delfim

Does anyone out there have a Seidio Surface case? If so can you answer a ... Android Smartphones forum

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional

Seidio Surface Case questions

Advertisement

Does anyone out there have a Seidio Surface case?
    If so can you answer a question or two?

1. How much bulk did it add to the device?
    2. What does the material feel like? Pics show it well but it looks as if it'd be a bit slick.
    3. How is the fit? I doubt anyone has one for the Nexus but they have good quality in the past, just want to get an idea.

I had the Convert for the Evo 3D, and liked the inner case, but hated the bulk of the entire case. I'd like something that will protect the device in my pocket and when I set it down. Not looking for something to survive a nuke attack.

http://www.seidioonline.com/samsung-...r3ssgnl-rb.htm

Looking for user info on something like the above.

Thanks.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    You'll like the Surface case, Jay. The Surface is designed to add minimal bulk.....nothing like the Convert series. The material is their typical soft-touch coating. It's hard plastic, yet it's slightly rubberized so that it's not too slick. I'm obviously not familiar with how well it would fit the Galaxy, but from past experience with BlackBerry and iPhone cases, I'd bet it's the same snug fit as for other devices.

I think it's a great choice.
    jfcooley likes this.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    It's about 1mm thick and just protects from scuffing and light stuff. It's what I had. It's non slippery too.
    I had also the original Samsung case. It's of the same material, just as thin but it's netted design allowing ventilation in case the battery gets hot. Since its an original, (and cheaper priced) the fit was really snug. I liked it.
    jfcooley likes this.

Well I will have to save up for one.
    Want the blue, goes with the ICS colors better.

Thanks guys.

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4
    The surface case is a very nice case. Adds very little bulk. Only problem I have with seidio is the belt clips. Keep breaking mine I think because the plastic is too lite around the pin it hinges on. To get it replaced is such a hassle. I broken it again last week and just don't want to go through getting it replaced I'm looking for something else. Got the drop-in charger to work with that case so it's going to suck to give it up.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Wow, dude, what do you do to break those things? They seem pretty heavy duty to me.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Funnily it used to happen to me too. We're crude rough necks...
    If it wasn't that then the spring would loose tension.
    Now I just want a slim case that protects all the scuffing and that it's comfortable in my pocket.

Not a big fan of belt clips. Always snagging stuff. Just need something to protect a little

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4
    I keep it clipped to my front pocket. One time it broke when I just squated down. Not sure how the heck that broke it.