Do the Android phones require emails and contacts to flow through/be stored in The Cloud? ... Android Smartphones forum

IHateMyTreo no está en línea Stack level 3

Security on Android

Advertisement

Do the Android phones require emails and contacts to flow through/be stored in The Cloud? For business users with confidential communications, as well as sensitive data stored in Contacts, security is a must. What does Android provide in this area? Can data remain exclusively on my server and phone, send/receive emails through BIS and sync directly to the phone using the new wired solutions (rather than parking the data in The Cloud)? Or is BB still the only "secure" device?

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by IHateMyTreo View Post
    Do the Android phones require emails and contacts to flow through/be stored in The Cloud? For business users with confidential communications, as well as sensitive data stored in Contacts, security is a must. What does Android provide in this area? Can data remain exclusively on my server and phone, send/receive emails through BIS and sync directly to the phone using the new wired solutions (rather than parking the data in The Cloud)? Or is BB still the only "secure" device?
    1: Yes that is a requirement

2: Android offers the same encryption as any other internet based encryption:

If you notice any of your online Secure transaction sites you will note the address starts off as follows - https the s means Secured. The encryption used is the same level of encryption that your Bank uses via online banking and or transferring your money from point A to B and so forth.

3: No, Android Data can not remain exclusively on a server and or phone, nor can you send/receive emails via BIS - that is BB exclusivity. There is nothing wrong with the Clouds Security.

4: And No the BB is not the only "Secure Device"

IHateMyTreo no está en línea Stack level 3
    Thanks DJ:

Do Missing Sync or CompanionLink avoid the need for transmission of contact data through The Cloud? They seem to imply that a sync can be done direct from the PC instead.

And as to my BIS question, I was dumb. I meant can a BIS-like service be used instead of funneling through Gmail? Such as an IMAP hosting service.

Clcto no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by IHateMyTreo View Post
    Do Missing Sync or CompanionLink avoid the need for transmission of contact data through The Cloud? They seem to imply that a sync can be done direct from the PC instead.
    CompanionLink has two different products. One goes to Google and Cloud Sync. The other; CompanionLink USB, is a direct connection to the phone. That means no wireless, no wifi, no internet, and totally secured connection via the USB Cable that comes with the phone.