Hey guys, I've had a Galaxy S for a few months now and no issues ... Android Smartphones forum

niceguy no está en línea Stack level 2

Screwy text messaging-Galaxy S/Cspire

Advertisement

Hey guys, I've had a Galaxy S for a few months now and no issues at all. However just in the last few weeks I found that texts that I sent to various individuals were not getting received by them for hours, even days later sometimes. This is also true of texts that I receive, having a small to huge time delay before I receive them.

I don't know if it helps but when I send a text, I noticed that the current time when I just sent a text will be displayed for earlier texts as well, even though I sent them hours or days before. Eventually, the older texts display the original correct date that they were sent/received.

I tried sending my wife's Hero a bunch of texts and they took about 15-45mins for her phone to receive/acknowledge them (her phone works fine). However another person sent me a text and I received it right away, and then sent him one that he received right away.

It's been awhile since I've been around this forum so I wasn't sure if I should stick this in the Samsung Android forum or the IIRC, CSpire forum.

I haven't found any common denominator yet, any ideas?

Thanks!

Jeremy

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    What carrier do you have?

Do the folks that are not receiving your texts have the same carrier as you or a different carrier?

Slow delivery of SMS is almost always a carrier issue, not a device issue.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    What carrier do you have?

Do the folks that are not receiving your texts have the same carrier as you or a different carrier?

Slow delivery of SMS is almost always a carrier issue, not a device issue.
    +1
    Almost always a carrier issue.

niceguy no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thanks for the feedback guys....Carrier is CSpire. I'm going to contact them today and see what's going on...