Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Pdxmatts, I bought the MyTouch 4g and love it. Thanks for your advice.... Android Smartphones forum

visionthing no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME

Advertisement

Pdxmatts, I bought the MyTouch 4g and love it. Thanks for your advice.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Congrats its a great phone. I downloaded gallery 3D to replace the boring gallery and handsent SMS and beautiful widgets, powerAmp for music player, battery indicator so I have a numeric battery status on my toolbar, audiogalaxy, wordfued, docs to go and touiteur for twitter, adobe reader, angry birds, smart keyboard because I like the galaxy keyboard and customization. All are free and some offer a paid version. What color did you get? Have fun with it.

Also, I use the temp root Visionary app. It roots my phone with one click. I like the idea of being able to unroot to stock by powering it off if I want to. Haven't seen the need to permanently root it yet. I use root for root only apps like drocap (screen capture) and titanium backup. Also I can overclock it when xda developers make one. I don't need a custom rom right now.

PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    Both me and my wife got black ones. I don't think I will root the phone yet. Thanks again.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    You can get free wifi tethering as well. Its in the market.
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

Trying to talk my husband into switching his Vibrant for the MT4G before the remorse period is up.

pbasch no está en línea Stack level 1
    I'm on T-mo and was sold by the 200mb plan. I doubt I'll ever use more than that! The MyTouch 4G is a really fun phone. I've been learning it and getting used to it. One thing I find irritating is that it has a Mail and a Gmail application. If all I have is a gmail address, that's kind of redundant and forces me to handle two sets of notifications.

Quote Originally Posted by pbasch View Post
    One thing I find irritating is that it has a Mail and a Gmail application. If all I have is a gmail address, that's kind of redundant and forces me to handle two sets of notifications.
    You just need to go into the mail settings and turn off notifications on the one you don't use

PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    Pbasch turn off the notification setting like pdxmatts said. I use Aol, hotmail and gmail. They all three go to my mailbox.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    it really depends on what you want. The Vibrant is such an amazing piece of work. HD screen, records and playsback in HD as well. With 16GB of internal memory, and can support to 32gb of storage its great for media, I have over 7000 songs, 10 movies, 1 tv series over 700photos, and videos i recorded that range from 30 seconds to about 10minutes. So if you love media that is your best option

The mytouch 4g is a little different. about 1gb of internal space, and does run 2.2. If you want something for the newer technology then this is the device to go with. The front facing camera for video chat and "4g" speeds are awesome. The camera is sharp but not as sharp as the vibrant. You have lots of options for apps and customization on the device.

Now here is soemthing cool about the vibrant you can video chat (by standing in front of a mirror, or there is a guy who sells the front facing camera and it can be installed on the vibrant), you can also root your phone (which it seems lots of us do) to run 2.2 on the vibrant which runs really smooth.

When it comes to speeds the run about the same. I work in orlando, and live outside of orlando fl. And I hit between 7-10mbs with both devices, once t-mobile turns it up to the next level in speeds the mytouch 4g will run faster.

Hopes this helps some
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Quote Originally Posted by pbasch View Post
    I'm on T-mo and was sold by the 200mb plan. I doubt I'll ever use more than that! The MyTouch 4G is a really fun phone. I've been learning it and getting used to it. One thing I find irritating is that it has a Mail and a Gmail application. If all I have is a gmail address, that's kind of redundant and forces me to handle two sets of notifications.
    you definitely want to download a data monitor app to keep track of your usage. 200mb isn't a lot of data to have. if you are strictly using email and very light web browsing, i'm talking very light...and no streaming music, no gps, not a lot of networking, and don't set up your fb contacts to intergrate with your address book.

I use about 200mbs of data in an hour. Using slacker/pandora/last.fm you can use up to 100mbs in an hour. so please be careful. A phone like that really should have the unlimited package
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    Also, I use the temp root Visionary app. It roots my phone with one click. I like the idea of being able to unroot to stock by powering it off if I want to. Haven't seen the need to permanently root it yet. I use root for root only apps like drocap (screen capture) and titanium backup. Also I can overclock it when xda developers make one. I don't need a custom rom right now.

are you using one click lag fix and rom manager on my vibrat and have a file to give myself the mobile ap app
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyxedge View Post
    are you using one click lag fix and rom manager on my vibrat and have a file to give myself the mobile ap app
    I don't have any lag issues on my MT4G. Mine is permanently rooted now with Ice Glacier 1.1.4 Rom. What's this mobile ap app? My husband has the Vibrant and is still stock. He has had zero issues on his. He loves it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12