Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Which one is the better choice. Thanks in advance for your in put.... Android Smartphones forum

visionthing no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME

Samsung vibrant vs T-Mobile mytouch 4g ?

Advertisement

Which one is the better choice. Thanks in advance for your in put.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    The Vibrant has the best screen res and 4.0" and 16 MB of internal memory. First generation 1ghz processor. More of a media phone with good sounding speakers and can pick up HSPA and is considered a 3G phone, but it is very light and plasticy and has Eclaire 2.1. No dedicated camera button or led flash. It can be rooted and overclocked and can use custom Roms.

The MT4G has Froyo 2.2 is built very solid and feels good in your hand. Thin and has a ffc that can be used on data or wifi with any phone that has a ffc. 3.8 screen. Wifi calling, hands free voice to text. Has temp root for now. Gets HSPA + speeds and has more ram. Runs a second generation 1ghz processor. It's really fast. Has led notification if you like that and an optical pad for precise adjustments.

You can't go wrong with either one. Just depends on what you like your phone to do and the overall look and feel.
    Last edited by pdxmatts; 11-09-2010 at 12:24 AM.

visionthing no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    Thanks. All these tough choices. Lol.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I am looking at either the Motorola Flipside (AT&T) vs Samsung Epic 4G (Sprint). Which one should I get (other than the fact that both have hardware keyboards)?

Erica, If your still with TMO and want a keyboard, I would get the G2. Otherwise go for the Epic 4G. No Flipside.

Yes, it's really tough. I tried the G2, Vibrant and MT4G. All awesome phones, but I finally decided on the MT4G TMO C/S must hate me. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by visionthing View Post
    Thanks. All these tough choices. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    Erica, If your still with TMO and want a keyboard, I would get the G2. Otherwise go for the Epic 4G. No Flipside.
    I don't like the G2 at all. What's wrong with the Flipside?

Oops. Thought you were talking about the backflip. You should start your own thread because the OP is asking about the Vibrant and the MT4G

bunky1971 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    22F29DE1
    Yes, it's really tough. I tried the G2, Vibrant and MT4G. All awesome phones, but I finally decided on the MT4G TMO C/S must hate me. LOL!
    Do you address EVERY package National Returns Center, 240 xxxx, LaGrange, Georgia - LOL - j/k - I know ive returned my fair share, and STILL waiting for a solid hinge G2, may be tempted by the touch 4G though. I just cant give up my slide!!!
    Ohhh BTW........just what exactly is a Bunky?

FYI: MyTouch 4G Joins the PermRoot Club http://bit.ly/aAqp4W

Oops. Thought you were talking about the backflip. You should start your own thread because the OP is asking about the Vibrant and the MT4G

I did start my own thread here but thought since this was an Android post it would get more views. http://forums.pinstack.com/f252/does...pic_4g-122677/

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Go for the my touch 4g. The Vibrant is a fine device, but samsung is slow with the updates. Its driving users crazy that they're bragging about sales when their line of phones is about to be 2 OS versions behind. No camera flash is a killer as well.
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    @ Erica, I'm sure you want a powerful device, and not an entry level. Because you must have a keyboard, and you don't like the g2, you have only 3 real choices. The Epic 4g, Droid 2, and the Droid Pro. The rest are pretty much under powered to be honest.
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

Thanks. I will probably get the Epic.

ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by rdills View Post
    Go for the my touch 4g. The Vibrant is a fine device, but samsung is slow with the updates. Its driving users crazy that they're bragging about sales when their line of phones is about to be 2 OS versions behind. No camera flash is a killer as well.
    Samsung may be slow with the updates, but the great people at XDA already have lots of custom roms, including ones based on Froyo. And with the Vibrant's camera's night mode, you almost don't need a flash.
    Proof of absence is not absence of proof.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast