I've bought my brand-new Galaxy Note a few days ago... A great smartphone/tablet indeed, but ... Android Smartphones forum

selman555 no está en línea Stack level 1

Lightbulb Samsung Galaxy Note Batterij Life low?

Advertisement

I've bought my brand-new Galaxy Note a few days ago... A great smartphone/tablet indeed, but I'm a little dissapointed with it's battery life. Some reviews say 39 hours on one recharge, and I know that's not realistic enough to compare in practice. Other reviews say 12 hours :s I've used my phone everyday since I bought it, and I know a thing or two about hardware. The 5.3 inch screen does consume a lot of power (even on lowest brightness like in my case). But the life of the battery at this stage is absurd. I've added two pictures in attachment: - battery consumers (an overview of apps consuming battery) - battery states (Time on, time charching, etc) I've translated some of the words from dutch to english so you can all understand Any advice or experiences with the Galaxy Note are welcome. Thanks for readiing
    Attached Images Attached Images

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Welcome to the forums! I know of another person here on the forums who's had experience with this device, so hopefully he'll chime in soon with his observations.

selman555 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks!
    I hope he/she will
    It's nice to finally find a forum where you can get a decent answer...

Well, he doesn't appear to be online at the moment, but hopefully will be later.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Hi guys I'm here ! Hectic day in traffic given the heavy rain etc. etc.
    Ok. Let's get to welcome Selman to the Stacks. I hope you enjoy it and stay on. Great to have someone from Oranje Staat, and no need to translate. Afrikaans hier, jy weet ?

The NOTE should give you at least a day's charge without the need for recharging. Unless of courese you're constantly using media, fidgiting with the screen etc. From the graphs I see on your pictures I notice that signal search(3 or 3,5G in Holland) is excessive to say the least. I would suggest, if the SIM card is old, to get a new one from your service provider. This Note, as with the Galaxy S, the SII or the iPhone need the latest SIM. This could be where your problem is.
    I found if the brightness of the screen was left to Auto, you'll get a better performance. It works well and adjusts to the surroundings quite efficiently. First set the brightness manually to about 70/80% and then switch it to Auto. You'll see you'll have plenty of brightness.
    Another way that I save some battery juice is by having WiFi off. I only switch it on when I need it. It's very quick to capture any WiFi network or hotspot if you need it urgently.
    Now after all this there is another thing I do. Soft Reset, at least once a day. Hold the On/Off button simultaneously with the Home button ad wait for the Note to switch off. Keep pressing until it switches on again. It cleans up cache, and stops apps that are eating your memory.
    Also, Google. If you can, set Location Services off for all. Use the service only when you need it.
    Until you get a better result, put the Task Widget on a home page. Check on it once in a while and see what apps are running unnecessarily. Kill the lot.
    I'll see if I can come up with something more...

antonylewar no está en línea Stack level 1
    To get more hours of battery the battery backup please turn off the Wi-Fi. It may be hard to use the apps without the wifi, but you can still use the operator data plans to get the internet.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    #1 battery killer when you get a new device is you.

Aside what's been mentioned remember that having a new device is like getting a new toy. You spend far more time playing with it (more than you may realize) and such. As time goes by you settle in and start using "normally".

Del hit a few, remember GPS sucks juice, as does the mentioned wifi. Wiring gets you if it's scanning looking for a signal when there isn't one. Same as the radio as Del mentioned.

Just a reference to android users. It has been my expirience that the battery/stats sometimes need to settle in for a few charges. Have nothing scientific to back that, but I can say that day 5 on a new ROM is better than day 1.

After typing all of this I see the post is months old....oh well

Yadeline no está en línea Stack level 1
    I just owned a note, and I switch off everything, including wifi, auto screen lighting, message tn.. But still very bad battery life. Less han 3/4 days, it's flat

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    The Note has a good battery. If idle, normal phone calls and e-mail, and surfing the web it will last at least 2 days. Now, if you forever using its resources, or always in and out of it for whatever reason, and that screen is on most of the day, then you should expect it to drain quickly. But then thats true for any smartphone if you can't keep your hands off it.

But then thats true for any smartphone if you can't keep your hands off it.
    That would be most people in this forum.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^^ Ahem ... and Amen to that.