Just curious how many people here take the security of their Android phone seriously. Not ... Android Smartphones forum

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Are you running encryption software/device encryption/pgp/etc?

Advertisement

Just curious how many people here take the security of their Android phone seriously. Not just from theives and malware, but for anti-snooping as well?

It seems that the assumption is that only people who do shady things encrypt their devices and run security measures for them, but I for one, prefer not to have all of my internet browsing, emails, etc. being logged in some database while the powers-that-be in the US create a digital profile of me.

So just curious, what safety/encryption/anonmity/etc do you use on your devices?

VPNS? Tor Browsers? PGP software? Device encryption? Firewalls? Device Kill/Wipe?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Good question. Anxious to see the responses.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    Guess I should also throw in as well, is your device rooted and are you running a different ROM than stock.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Rooted stock.
    Don't care. Any sensitive data is encrypted and I prevent apps (some) from having permissions or spoof permissions.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I'm a good guy. I protect as much as I can and use as much knowledge on the subject as I possibly can. Other than that, encryption is not on my mind. Why? If some organization wants to pry into my digital life they can. As long as there is a reason I give them in my doings on the internet that will sharpen their interest. Where there's a will there's a way!
    If Merkel, Rajoy, the Brazilian President and all the top security guys get hacked, what tools have I got, really, to avoid it?