Hey everyone, I first and foremost want to say that I'm a newbie to android. ... Android Smartphones forum

shockaholick no está en línea Stack level 3

Rooting the MyTouch Fender

Advertisement

Hey everyone,
    I first and foremost want to say that I'm a newbie to android. I've been a blackberry user for ages. So, I'm making the dive. I'm really excited. My question is, I want to be able to take full control of my MYTOUCH FENDER. What I mean by that is I want to be able to install the apps on my sd card and not on the phone. But I have a question about this. Will the programs still work the same if they are installed on the SD card. Secondly, I read that in order for this to work, I need to root my phone. Can someone please direct me in the right direction to do this. I've seen some pretty easy videos online, that I think I can follow. I'm really tech savvy, just nervous I guess for being my first device. I never got nervous with my blackberry because I always changed my OS's all the time. I really appreciate for all that respond.. Thank you soo much for everyone that does!

havnt got it yet..lol..it comes tomorrow..just prepping myself! lol

how do I PM ccriffman??? I went to my messages, but can't find out how to send a message..man, i sound dumb..so sorry..but thanks for all your help!

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Hey shockaholick, You have some reading to do! Here's some good links to get you started.

http://forums.pinstack.com/f60/how_t...ytouch-113669/

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=493

If you have questions just ask or search the stacks.
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Rooting the Droid is easy, flashing the custom ROMs is trickier.....updating the OS on a BB is nothing, this is true hacking. I just rooted my DROID and flashed my first ROM last night.....it's a whole different world! But it's very fun
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php/Main_Page

Have fun. There's nothing like a rooted Android! BTW, if you want to install apps on your sd card, i recommend purchasing a class 6 card. Yes, the apps do work the same. However, I believe the MT3G has enough memory to handle the apps onboard, but if you're going to go crazy with the apps, then go ahead and partition the sd.

Again, glhf. After you're done, we can show you some tricks to speed things up on the phone.
    Paolo
    Moto Droid with SteamROM v4.0.5 Steam Theme
    Steam 1.2ghz Low Voltage Kernel
    Apple MacBook Pro
    Jeremiah 29:11
    Try us out! www.mycellularsource.com

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Rooting the Droid is easy, flashing the custom ROMs is trickier.....updating the OS on a BB is nothing, this is true hacking. I just rooted my DROID and flashed my first ROM last night.....it's a whole different world! But it's very fun

What ROM are you using? I'm rocking the Bugless Beast running at 800mhz. Its amazing!
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android Bugless Beast; en-us; Droid Build/ESD56) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I'm running the smoked glass ROM, slightly overclocked at 600, loving it! Love all the blue
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESD56) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    i really love how the Android seems so limitless. i feel like we'll all still be on this board raving about this OS years down the line. don't you?
    Paolo
    Moto Droid with SteamROM v4.0.5 Steam Theme
    Steam 1.2ghz Low Voltage Kernel
    Apple MacBook Pro
    Jeremiah 29:11
    Try us out! www.mycellularsource.com